Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Reply from Seantor Carl Levin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Reply from Seantor Carl Levin

Scary **** in as much as I'm privy to a lot of DOD stuff. Very true actually.....
Old 02-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member

Just another reason I have some rifles with reach out and touch capablilites of better than a mile. I like long distance love affairs.....
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
Doc,

I have been thinking about a similar scenario for a while. It is scary as hell. All I can hope is that those fighting this in congress right now continue to do so and win. I would also hope that someone within the chain of command that you just described would fail to carry out their orders, that they would realize what they are being asked to do and refuse to do so on principle and Constitutional Oath, but who knows, and that is the scariest part of it. Too many have lost sight of what it is to be an American citizen. There are too many uninformed individuals who are existing on entitlements, and therefor have no desire to become informed or productive. All you need to do is look at any of the comment sections online about Chris Kyle, a true American Hero, and you can see how many have lost touch with any reality. These people are the enemy IMO, but that is beside the point. I hope there will be enough good men and women left to say NO.

Having said all of this, any confrontation would become ugly in a hurry. The U.S. Military has the citizens of this nation far outgunned in every regard, other than numbers, if it were to come down to a civil war. There are drones, helicopters, jets, cruise missiles, smart bombs and on and on to contend with if push comes to shove. Your scenario and what I just listed are the reasons why we need to voice our opinions and continue to write our senators/congressmen/sheriffs and anyone else "in charge" at this point. We need to get every gun owner we can into the NRA and fight all of this before it continues. The results if we fail now will be ugly in the extreme! But, I will become drone fodder if it comes to it in the end. I just hope, and literally pray, that we can stop it before that point is reached. Thanks for your post Doc. It's something that has been heavy on my mind as well. The government has been setting this up for a while with the "civil unrest" camps, ability to call UN soldiers to "protect" the U.S., and now the drones.

Joe
Consider this about the US Military if it were to come down to it -- over half of them would desert, most of them from the combat arms and taking their equipment with them. The remainder would be fighting the uprising, the newly deserted, plus an incredible number of veterans from every war this country has fought thru the years, in what has always been the rearmost of their own rear area, fighting in and around what is their manufacturing base, fighting in and around what is the beginning of their logistics chain and fighting with Americans, born in freedom, who starts out owning the battlescape. For the military, if it were to come down to it, Afganistan and Vietnam would look like a picnic in comparision.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
Consider this about the US Military if it were to come down to it -- over half of them would desert, most of them from the combat arms and taking their equipment with them. The remainder would be fighting the uprising, the newly deserted, plus an incredible number of veterans from every war this country has fought thru the years, in what has always been the rearmost of their own rear area, fighting in and around what is their manufacturing base, fighting in and around what is the beginning of their logistics chain and fighting with Americans, born in freedom, who starts out owning the battlescape. For the military, if it were to come down to it, Afganistan and Vietnam would look like a picnic in comparision.
Oh, I agree. I'm just saying it would get damned ugly for everyone if it is to come to it.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

I agree with everything said.

I have faith in the loyalties of our young servicemembers. For the most part, I trust their leadership....

about as far as I can throw an M1A2 Abrams!

Everything you watch on TV and read in the liberalist media is 'smoke and mirrors'.

Does anyone think Mr. Obama was elected because he knew what he was doing or was a good representative of his constituents?

Does "The Manchurian Candidate" ring a bell?

Well, anyway here is his hole card, the ace up his sleeve... the 'secret army'

US Government

One of those "while you weren't looking" deals, huh.

Now you know why Mr. Putin has been left alone and unfettered by the US for the past 4 years. No outcry when he rigged his 'reelection' as the New Premier. (Do you think someone took a page out of his book?) New money, new planes, new army, new navy, new spatnaz.. why?? Who's going to attack Russia? We really didn't kick up much of a stink when they rolled over Georgia or backed Syria. We're awfully grateful to them for letting us use their airbases to exfil AFG. I guess that was because we're such good buddies with Russia now.

And I suppose that Egypt REALLY needs U.S. weapons, huh? They need to know how to operate our M1 tanks and F16 fighters. Hey, aren't they the primary weapon systems of our national guard units? Wow, what a coincidence. Not to mention the BILLIONS in 'foreign aid' for the muslem brotherhood. Those of us who have 'been around' understand what the term 'foreign aid' really means.

And they still smile when they tell you "Good Night" on the nightly news!

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member

When you have a citizen militia, it becomes guerrilla warfare, extremely covert and while not real organized, the 'every man for himself' scenario plays out.

It would basically distill down to, you see 'em, you remove 'em and of course they shoot back but shoot at what? Citizens are terrain familiar and familiar with their local surroundings. Outsiders aren't.

The element of surprise and covert operations is entirely on the side of the citizen militia.

Troops, foreign or domestic in battle dress stand out like s sore thumb. Locals don't. How to do you tell a bad local from a good local...you can't but you sure can distinguish a solider.

Thats a last resort, when all else fails. I suspect the Internet will be shut down somehow because the Internet would allow coordination of splinter groups of militia.

LAST RESORT ONLY. Obama would strike the opening bell if he deployed troops (foreign or domestic) on US Soil in the guise of martial law. That would be the opening bell and the warning to citizens that it's time to get pro-active.

In as much as the citizens have basically stripped the shelves of every retailer of ammunition and everything else, I've come to the conclusion that while a certain amount is 'panic buying', I believe a lot of people are 'stocking up' for what they perceive is going to be coming conflict. You don't buy everything in sight to tuck it away somewhere and never use it.....

People are 'buttoning down' and getting ready for something. Again, Obama will sound the opening shot and at that point, it's every citizen for liberty.

The Constitution also refers to a Citizen Milita. Exactly whats occurring but in a holding pattern. We have the Michigan Militia up here, it's an active group and while I'm not a member, I sympathize with their views.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Silver Member

On a more positive note...

I have now heard back from my two senators and my districts congressman, and all three are pro 2nd Amendment, which is extremely pleasing to me. I guess I will keep writing them, but I would really like to receive something back from the antigun officials I have written, if for no other reason than to debate and contradict them with facts. We all gotta keep trying. I've noticed that the tempo has slowed here for some in my community...