Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Received This email earlier today.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Received This email earlier today.

Kenny have you read the Constitution? researched the reason for things being written the way they are and the intention behind them? Whether past or present.

Compromise now or ever, and the stage is set to compromise the entire document away. That's my opinion on it.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Kenny have you read the Constitution? researched the reason for things being written the way they are and the intention behind them? Whether past or present.

Compromise now or ever, and the stage is set to compromise the entire document away. That's my opinion on it.
Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't part of the oath to office to uphold and protect the constitution? So glad I fought for our rights and so many people appreciate it. Lol

Old 12-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Silver Member

Everyone don't forget the election was won with social media and the president stated he received over 200,000 emails to the white house for gun control. If thats what it takes take a few minutes and send one yourself I have sent 20 some emails to the Whitehouse and elected officials in my state the past few days and will continue. We have to be just as big of pain in the ads as these libs are to get things done. Only problem is we have jobs I know.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snox801 View Post
Everyone don't forget the election was won with social media and the president stated he received over 200,000 emails to the white house for gun control. If thats what it takes take a few minutes and send one yourself I have sent 20 some emails to the Whitehouse and elected officials in my state the past few days and will continue. We have to be just as big of pain in the ads as these libs are to get things done. Only problem is we have jobs I know.
Exactly right. just sent an email to our white house resident.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
Exactly right. just sent an email to our white house squater.
fixed it for ya
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member

This single most powerful way to fight this is to let your congressman know he is doomed for reelection if he goes along with this crap. Its a lost cause in my armpit state, not the bulk of the country where most normal human beings reside. The democrats lost control back in 94 when the last ban went in....they have long memories. The added advantage was it screwed Clintons liberal agenda. Remember all the red on the map last month. That's a lot of congressmen. It didn't help a lot with the presidential election, but the house snd senate is a different story. If they think they are dead ducks, they will only care about saving their useless skins.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post

Actually yes, I have read read the Constitution, many times. Diesected it in my Constitutional Law classes. I am not "against" your way of thinking. I am pointing out the reality of the situation. The "non-gun" public views the NRA as a bunch of recalcitrant non-bending right wing wackos. This gives "them" allot of traction in DC. I am suggesting that a pro-active, non confrontational dialogue will get more done. Otherwise, unilateral legislation is coming.