Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Purchasing firearms related items in a presidential election year

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Purchasing firearms related items in a presidential election year

I think we all need to talk up conservation and hunting, including the NRA. Anyone can obtain the means to defend home and property, it's hunting that's most suffering from this. It should be a growing sport and past time.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

My Colt LE 902 just shipped Friday to my FFL who receives my firearms---not taking any chances plus got to see it in production at the plant. If he does win expect another run on componets and ammo. I am sitting pretty good on primers--may get another 5k GMM LR non mags though.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member

Well, between my previous post ans now, I see no artificially stimulated run up in pricing on firearms or components, at least not yet. If anything, I've seen a decrease in pricing on some models of firearms.

Being an NRA member, I'm constantly bombarded with 'gloom and doom' from them, something I find a bit tedious but I still support the NRA because as I stated previously, they are the gatekeepers of the Second Amendment as it pertains to the sport we all enjoy.

A while back, I got very disenchanted with the AARP and discontinued my membership with them because of their stance on Obamacare and Medicare, something I can't agree with. I can however, agree in principle with the NRA.

Only time will tell the final outcome and only all of us have the control over the outcome of the election and how the President and his appointees address our second Amendment rights. To that I say, get out and vote in support of your principles, I know I will, in fact, I've already voted absentee. I'll be in NM on election day.