Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Please, Join the NRA for FREE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Gold Member

Re: Please, Join the NRA for FREE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Brilliant... blame the NRA. This would be funny if it wasn't such a sorry joke.

Who else do you suggest as more effective in protecting gun owners' rights? I'd guess no one quite measures up to your high standards of performance.
Not a lot of things I agree with phorwath on, but this is definitely one!

I don't agree with 100% of the things the NRA does but they are far and away our best defense. Oddly, most of the gun owners I hear bad mouth the NRA do absolutely nothing to defend the 2nd amendment on their own either.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Bronze Member

Im not blaming the nra, very dissapointed that after all the years as a member, going to meetings. talking with area reps that say they have there ear, not one response of what they are doing to back off old laws. they did help wa.dc get there rights back, thats about all I know of late. I am involved, not some canaryass. My state rep knows me. Its just been this year I chose to not re-up with the nra. I probly will, but damit, when I ask for somebody to talk to me and they dont, XXXXem. if Im that small, they dont want or need me. I dont expect wayne to call me, but a kid with a message dont cut it. Id love to see how all nra members voted this last election, I did. and it wasnt for ANYBODY that was not hard set on the 2nd and my rights. thanks guys, Ill send in my membership. but are they gonna get aletter with it.

Last edited by ss7mm; 05-15-2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Keep it clean we have women and kids as members
Old 05-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Silver Member

Send the nra letters of the things you think they should do and fight for, thats one thing they would like to know. All the letters I have sent have been answered, some to my liking and some not. But hey, they can't please everyone.

I am reasonably sure that the whitehouse contact page people would like my computer to malfunction. As of yet i still just get the "thanks for your concern and keep on supporting the president" email back------ That tells me they don't actually read my emails

Guess I better slow down before secret service knocks on the door huh