Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Obama on hunting and fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Gold Member

Re: Obama on hunting and fishing

He has not one thing in support of hunting or fishing here in Illinois. He has attacked us at every turn. Anybody who buys this is very naive......watch your back!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Silver Member

Holder says Obama wants to ban "Cop Killer" bullets? What specifically is a "Cop Killer" bullet?

Paul

Last edited by WildcatB; 01-22-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Silver Member

What will be done if he is saying these things to get himself elected, then turn around and deny these things once in office. Will you fight, let it slide, or what. I for one think he should be held accountable for his words after all it is posted on the website for the president. I think that is one of our greatest weakness, we let things go saying its only for four years.

I guarantee you one thing if he was trying to ban something that women held dear to their heart his ass would be backing up after the first day it was mentioned.
They would bring the whitehouse to its knees, just like they did johnson & johnson, and other feminine products i don't care to mention.

Kids now days are all for green planet, kids with the help of school teachers all over the world are taking responsibility for making this a green planet. Look what they have achieved, they will save this planet with or without the help of our government. Notice the government has taken notice and is now on board, the government had to get on board because they gave them no choice. Pretty much help us or we will do it without you attitude.

Notice all the things coming out now freely like peak oil, ice melting, severe weather everywhere that is all do to our kids listening to what the experts say and taking action on it and the great school teachers who give them the tools to do so. They will not take no, or the governments word that its all hype, they demand answers. We could learn a lot from our own kids and hate to say it but wives too.

If we could shut up for awhile and listen and learn from them we would be a force to recon with also, the government would not be able to do whatever they wanted because they would have to answer for it. No matter how corrupt the government is it has to answer to all women because women demand it

Our government is not for the people, it is for lobbyist, kids, and women because they demand it. It is not for man because we don't demand it or hold it accountable, we say, oh yea only for four years buddy.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Silver Member

How about from the horse's mouth (Urban Policy):

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

They WILL pass some sort of assault weapons ban and provision for "keeping guns out of children's hands", as they have been talking about this for years.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by visigoth View Post
How about from the horse's mouth (Urban Policy):

Address Gun Violence in Cities: They support closing the gun show loophole.
What is this?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmason View Post
What is this?
I have no idea, but I suspect that they will require background checks at all gun shows, and possibly between private individuals as well. They have been saying for a long time that people can just go to gun shows, and by-pass the normal background checks that one encounters at retail outlets. Its reasonable to assume that they will extend this to private transfers between non-family members.

Get ready for:

1) Cop-Killer Bullets
2) Storage Requirements
3) "Arsenal" tax surcharges (i.e., Brady II)
...Repeat...
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member

GunCite-Gun Control: "Cop-killer" Bullets

A hx of 'cop killer' written by a police officer, apparently. Quote of last sentence:

"Cop-killer" bullets are a myth born from media hype and nurtured by unrealistic Hollywood portrayals and the deliberately misleading claims of the anti-gun lobby. An objective, rational look at the facts quickly separates the myth from the reality. Knowledge is power. "

Is this article factual? I don't know much about handgun bullets.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl