Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

NRA and The Government ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: NRA and The Government ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
My first topic in any conversation.... By the way, are you a member of the NRA. My second comment is: If you want to be, I'll purchase a membership for you. I'll buy your first year and after that you are on your own.....

I look at it this way. Rather than donating because they are always asking for donations (which irritates me btw), I donate new members and if they stay on, they donate and support the organization.

Just the way I do it. Besides I can afford it. I can't take it with me. Might as well spend it on something worthwhile....

Thought I'd add a signature picture this evening. Something of interest to all concerned.....
If you were offering to buy a NRA membership for me , I want to thank you for the offer . I dont want to free load off of anyone but what I will do is join myself . Once I join I will post a thread . Your generosity has caused me to go ahead and join I am ready to get into the fight for our 2nd Ammendment

Thanks again for the offer.....
Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

So far I've paid for 10 one year memberships and each time I called the NRA, I kicked in an additional 10 bucks toward the Servicemen overseas fund that sends them NRA stuff and goody packages. No problem there either.

I look at like this. If it weren't for the NRA in Washington Obama would ramrod through his crap without question and we'd all be scratching our asses wondering whats next.

I see the photoshop people had a field day with the official released picture of Obama shooting skeet at Camp David. Obama is a southpaw and is shooting a right hand shotgun...duh.

I'd be embarrased to even let the picture get published...anywhere.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

How many of you guys have actually bought things from the NRA store?
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Platinum Member

Well Joe, I'll chime right in and say I did. I have bought several things, a range bag. some coffee mugs and one of those neat licence plate frames.

I just got a couple 'Im The NRA and I Vote' signs from NRA-ILA. I have one in the front yard and get lots of comments from lots of people. I look at it as a good deterrent for burglars. One of us is always home and my wife is better with a pistol than I am (I've found that women, in general, are better shooters with handguns than men). That plays out in our indoor and outdoor pistol leagues, the women always kick butt.

They are steadier and aim better..... and smell better too.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 AM
Platinum Member

I've been eye balling one of the jackets, might have to look at some glass ware though I'm always up for another coffee cup
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
ll

I guess we have yotes and you have wild pigs.....
I don't know about yotes; but, it just about looks like it is not possible to kill pigs fast enough to keep them in check.