Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

NRA and The Government ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Silver Member

Re: NRA and The Government ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Well, I damn sure hope that they can see I am a NRA member. And a member of a few other organizations that are not going to stand still while "they" go after our constitution. And "they" can take that to the bank...................

Randy
+1 Mo lone Lah vey.......... Lots of us wont stand by

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Bronze Member

You really don't need to worry about the gov't getting a list of members from the NRA when data mining companies can get all the info needed by visiting sites such as this and starting a file on IP addresses. How do you think those ads get all your other information? The gov't doesn't need to get involved in any legal battles when all they need to do is buy the files from these companies, and we readily divulge what we have and our views. It's pretty shi++y they use these forums against us
Old 02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman13kup View Post
You really don't need to worry about the gov't getting a list of members from the NRA when data mining companies can get all the info needed by visiting sites such as this and starting a file on IP addresses. How do you think those ads get all your other information? The gov't doesn't need to get involved in any legal battles when all they need to do is buy the files from these companies, and we readily divulge what we have and our views. It's pretty shi++y they use these forums against us
So - I don't need to worry about the "Don't Tread On Me" and "Come and Take It" flags I've got on everything giving me away?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
So - I don't need to worry about the "Don't Tread On Me" and "Come and Take It" flags I've got on everything giving me away?

Dont forget the Confederate Flag

It should be aginst the Law for them to use the IP adress especially when its required to join many of these forums !
Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
Nah, not really. Do you really think that was Google out there taking pictures of your house?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member

There are 100 ways the government can get your name in association with firearms. It's a lousy reason!!! The NRA is the largest, most feared, and most aggressive of ALL lobbyists in Washington, and our best chance of protecting our rights. That's with only 7% of the 60 million gun owners being a member!!!!!!! If only 20% of gun owners belonged to the NRA we would not even be discussing the ridiculous gun control crap that's consuming everyones lives. I think we should all be members and recruiters. IMHO.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

My first topic in any conversation.... By the way, are you a member of the NRA. My second comment is: If you want to be, I'll purchase a membership for you. I'll buy your first year and after that you are on your own.....

I look at it this way. Rather than donating because they are always asking for donations (which irritates me btw), I donate new members and if they stay on, they donate and support the organization.

Just the way I do it. Besides I can afford it. I can't take it with me. Might as well spend it on something worthwhile....

Thought I'd add a signature picture this evening. Something of interest to all concerned.....