Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

NRA and The Government ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

NRA and The Government ????

I once was told by a man that he didnt join the NRA because he didnt want the Government to know that he had guns . This was an older gentleman . So , I thought I would pop this question. Can the Government pull a list or see a list from the NRA ? That would reveal every gun owner / NRA member and give them a place to go if an all out Ban became Legal .

Do you think this is possible ?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: NRA and The Government ????

Just my thought. You don't have to have guns to be a member of the NRA.

Jason
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Silver Member

google hands the GOV'T all of your internet search records every time they ask. They don't need the NRA. They can also now legally read your email without a warrant and tap your phone lines.

These are other liberty robbing things you can than Dianne Feistein for. She was sponsor of the original Patriot Act.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member

I was asked if I thought a conceal permit would draw attention to folks. My answer is electronic surveillance is such they already know who we are. Hunting license, internet orders, associations, credit card purchase. Sticking together is our best choice, joining the NRA is an opportunity to head off issues.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbull View Post
google hands the GOV'T all of your internet search records every time they ask. They don't need the NRA. They can also now legally read your email without a warrant and tap your phone lines.

These are other liberty robbing things you can than Dianne Feistein for. She was sponsor of the original Patriot Act.

You know a strange thing happened to me this week. I was on this site last monday and while scrolling down to look at the threads I evidently clicked on one of the adds and it poped up (I hate it when that happens) anyways 2 days later , while driving home from work I get a missed call . I checked it on my cell phone and it was the same pop up add that I have never called . I felt pretty much invaded . It made me realize how much of our identities are revealed on the Net.
Which sort of led to this thread that I have posted .
Thanks guys for your comments.
On a side note . I dont for see too many NRA members being non gun owners but thats just my opinion.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
I was asked if I thought a conceal permit would draw attention to folks. My answer is electronic surveillance is such they already know who we are. Hunting license, internet orders, associations, credit card purchase. Sticking together is our best choice, joining the NRA is an opportunity to head off issues.
Very good point !
Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Well, I damn sure hope that they can see I am a NRA member. And a member of a few other organizations that are not going to stand still while "they" go after our constitution. And "they" can take that to the bank...................

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen