Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

NRA Announcement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

NRA Announcement

I just got done watching the NRA announcement, what are your thoughts?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM
SPONSOR

Re: NRA Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.O. Shooter View Post
I just got done watching the NRA announcement, what are your thoughts?
It made way too much sense, which means it'll only be ridiculed and largely ignored by the "lame stream media" and politicians who want the 'ban'. We'll continue to have those who need help, mentally, be free to roam at will for fear of violating their "civil rights" by insisting they get help and their mental health records will be kept from the NICS because of "privacy concerns". We'll get a "knee jerk" reaction from Washington,,,, those are the only solutions the have! Video games will continue as they have for fear of "violating" the makers "free speech" and prosecutions for fireams violations that are already on the 'books' will continue as they have in the past. It don't look good for the "home team"! Will the Republican controlled House of Representitves stand up for the Second Amendment? Only time will tell! If there was ever a time to send an e-mail or letter or make a phone call to your Senators and Representitives, now is the time! I may not agree with everything the NRA does, but, who among us agrees with another 100% of the time? If you're not a member,, become one, if you are, make a donation. They are the 'loadest' voice we have. If they get one 'class' of firearms the "long range sniper rifle" might be next! I shouldn't have to have a "need" to own an AR 15 with a couple of 20rd. magazines, if I so choose.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortgrass View Post
It made way too much sense, which means it'll only be ridiculed and largely ignored by the "lame stream media" and politicians who want the 'ban'. We'll continue to have those who need help, mentally, be free to roam at will for fear of violating their "civil rights" by insisting they get help and their mental health records will be kept from the NICS because of "privacy concerns". We'll get a "knee jerk" reaction from Washington,,,, those are the only solutions the have! Video games will continue as they have for fear of "violating" the makers "free speech" and prosecutions for fireams violations that are already on the 'books' will continue as they have in the past. It don't look good for the "home team"! Will the Republican controlled House of Representitves stand up for the Second Amendment? Only time will tell! If there was ever a time to send an e-mail or letter or make a phone call to your Senators and Representitives, now is the time! I may not agree with everything the NRA does, but, who among us agrees with another 100% of the time? If you're not a member,, become one, if you are, make a donation. They are the 'loadest' voice we have. If they get one 'class' of firearms the "long range sniper rifle" might be next! I shouldn't have to have a "need" to own an AR 15 with a couple of 20rd. magazines, if I so choose.
Perfectly said! Nothing to add to that. Just don't sit on you hands this time folks.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

Put a police officer in every school. Brilliant! AND we can do that RIGHT NOW!

To see the video of the press conference, go to nra.org and click on 'featured videos'
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Silver Member

Personally, as a ex-teacher.. Pretty weak... Times have changed, attitudes have changed.... As a gun-owner, I am willing to give a little in terms of licensing or background checks if it means I can keep the firearms I want

It is nice to say... Lets get guards... but how does the NRA propose we pay for this?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebark View Post
Put a police officer in every school. Brilliant! AND we can do that RIGHT NOW!

To see the video of the press conference, go to nra.org and click on 'featured videos'
I agree. We do need to DO SOMETHING NOW. But in reality, we must wait for a bunch of politicians to come back from their holidays...

I feel, in the end, we will have to give a little more though. Thinks like more in-depth background checks and more restricted licensing. Things that in the end we know won't accomplish squat.

Thing that gets me is, this was a direct response from the NRA with a plausible solution that we could get started on immediately, and the media and guns control folks just seemed to blow it away. I though that was just plain stupid.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaro View Post
Personally, as a ex-teacher.. Pretty weak... Times have changed, attitudes have changed.... As a gun-owner, I am willing to give a little in terms of licensing or background checks if it means I can keep the firearms I want

It is nice to say... Lets get guards... but how does the NRA propose we pay for this?
Make it part of Obamacare. It's for the health of our kids.