Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

million armed man march

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Silver Member

Re: million armed man march

Ok, my wife is definitely going but she's asking if anyone else from VA plans on being there? Come on, don't be shy, speak up! lol. She just doesn't want to end up being the only sign carrier there!

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

Count me IN ! Another Ideah would be to wear our hunters Orange . See it could possibly send the message to the public when they see the orange that hey this is the good ole boys that Obama is trying to take away there guns . Right now alote of folks see guns as dangerous but you and I hunt with them and protect our families with them !
Old 01-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member

Tomorrow is the day people!!! 12:00 noon at the Capitol. I am leaving my Range Officer meeting early to join in. Please help us support this !!!!!

Thanks

Jeff
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member

See you and the rest of the Montana Boys in Helena tomorrow!

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Silver Member

Because I'm overseas I can't be there in person but I there with everyone in spirit. My wife will be on the state house steps in Richmond at 11am. She and 3 of her friends are heading out early, going to make a day of it in the 'big city'! lol. She's going to send some pics so I'll try to post them on here. Good luck fellas!

Animo et Fide.... "Courage and Faith"

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I like the idea of the march. But if I read this correctly and this is suggesting a million armed citizens marching to the White House carrying arms.... well that could end up very badly.

JMO

Jeff
I agree that this is a very risky proposition. You can rest assured that the progressive media(which is practically all media) will manipulate the optics to the broad public much like they did with the Tea Party movement(now dead and buried), with the added possibility of sabotage being very real. Our cause is a valid, but from what we have experienced over the last four years on all the attacks on our rights, that's not good enough. The scorecard so far speaks for itself. This is the fight that we can't loose. This type of activity makes us all feel good, but it is exactly what our enemies want us to do. We need to be smart and well organized. The progressives have been planning to take our guns away for 40 years! Knee jerk reactions like this aren't going to cut it. We need to be organized with well thought out plans. IMHO.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Knee jerk reactions like this aren't going to cut it. We need to be organized with well thought out plans. IMHO.

So what is your plan today to help? I have sent numerous letters, supported the NRA, I am making signs since 6 am, then off to support our local gun clubs range officer meeting and will leave that function early to attend the peaceful demonstration at our capitol with signs to protect our second amendment rights, and my NRA hat in place. I feel this is more productive than just talking about it and complaining.

JMHO

Jeff