Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

"the military has bought up all the ammuntion due to spent ammo 10 years ago"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM

Re: "the military has bought up all the ammuntion due to spent ammo 10 years ago"

I did read an article online the other day about a company that I believe was called Georgia something supposedly closing because they couldnt get brass. I dont recall exactly who wrote the article it was a couple of weeks ago that I read it, but I did read it. If the article was wrong I will apologize for that but not for calling the president a liar. He also said he supports the 2nd ammendment and the government doesnt have a spending problem as you recall. So I can validate the liar part.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member

Re: "the military has bought up all the ammuntion due to spent ammo 10 years ago"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackinandstackin243 View Post
I did read an article online the other day about a company that I believe was called Georgia something supposedly closing because they couldnt get brass. I dont recall exactly who wrote the article it was a couple of weeks ago that I read it, but I did read it. If the article was wrong I will apologize for that but not for calling the president a liar. He also said he supports the 2nd ammendment and the government doesnt have a spending problem as you recall. So I can validate the liar part.
+1 on the Liar part ! I remeber seeing and hearing Obama say "This administration is not going to take away your guns" I guess mrs. Feinstein doesnt count I believe he has the media bought up like he has the ammo bought up . Why couldnt Fox news re run Mr. Obama saying what I quoted him saying ? It's almost like he is untouchable ....
Old 03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Care to substantiate your claim, especially the one about the Mil brass being destroyed?

I think you are full of phooey myself and if you can't substantiate it, I know you are.

So, man up and provide substantiative links, If not apologize for posting something stupid. We'll forgive you.

Interestingly, I can bid on full lots of Military Once Fired Brass in various calibers, Monday morning. I just don't want to buy 14.000 pounds of 223/556 Federal Range Brass or 12,000 pounds of 308's. I have no need for those quantities but I know of at least 2 retail processors that do and are purchasing lots, Wideners Reloading Supplies and Top Brass.
How about 400,000 pounds at Benning:

400,000 lbs(apprx) Expended Brass including: 5.56mm, 7.62mm, 9mm, 30cal, 38cal, 42cal, blanks and balls w/attachments. T - Government Liquidation

Say $2.50 a pound plus or minus 50 cents (just guessing).
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
If I had a need (like a very large group buy), i'd go get them, not yours mine....

I'm on the bidders list, I've bought used machinery in the past so I'm already approved.

It's there, it just that individuals can't deal with the quantity. I'm not adverse to buying 5000 OFMB cases and I have in the past but it's a lot of work between getting them and cleaning them and sorting them and then decrimping the pockets and uniforming the pockets and flash holes not to mention a FL resize and about 10% will be scrap anyway.

This 'sky is falling' crap is just that. Most bulk suppliers are indeed out of sorted, OFM brass but it's coming back, barring another 'impulse buy'.

People got stupid when this stuff all started and sucked up all the inventory.

I watched some idiot at Cabelas 2 months ago, load his plastic shopping cart full of 223 rounds, literally shoveling them off the shelf. I thought the cart would break (was sagging a bit) and I thought to myself WTF.

People that make statements like the Government is crushing them are very ill informed to say the least.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
...need (like a very large group buy), i'd go get them.... .

I can see you have far, far more friends than I do
Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

snopes.com: DoD Suspension of Brass Cartridge Casing Sales

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
I can see you have far, far more friends than I do
I never use that term out of context. I have friends, I can count them on one had. Associates and acquaintances are under the other group.