Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

"the military has bought up all the ammuntion due to spent ammo 10 years ago"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

"the military has bought up all the ammuntion due to spent ammo 10 years ago"

I visited a local outdoor guns and ammo shop today. I talked with an elder that runs the store and he told me that the owner told him that he had talked to some of the top manufacturers like Hogdons and that there rep. told them that since the shooting the Government has been buying up all of the Ammo . He said that the Government told him that 10 years ago they shot up their supply and that they are re stocking .
I dont think this old timer would lie about this . I have always felt like the citizens are not the only people that could have caused such mass shortages.
Think about this would the military really allow itself to become short on Ammo?
I personally dont think so .
The manufacturer told him that the Government had to be taken care of first.
What do you think about it ? I have heard several different reasons for the shortage but I know these folks and I wouldnt think that they would lie.

Thanks for looking.......

Last edited by bigbuck; 03-15-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Silver Member

Re: "the military has bought up all the ammuntion due to spent ammo 10 years ago"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
I visited a local outdoor guns and ammo shop today. I talked with an elder that runs the store and he told me that the owner told him that he had talked to some of the top manufacturers like Hogdons and that there rep. told them that since the shooting the Government has been buying up all of the Ammo . He said that the Government told him that 10 years ago they shot up their supply and that they are re stocking .
I dont think this old timer would lie about this . I have always felt like the citizens are not the only people that could have caused such mass shortages.
Think about this would the military really allow itself to become short on Ammo?
I personally dont think so .
The manufacturer told him that the Government had to be taken care of first.
What do you think about it ? I have heard several different reasons for the shortage but I know these folks and I wouldnt think that they would lie.

Thanks for looking.......
If they are buying it, is not because they are running low. they are either redefining how much they need or they want to keep it out of our hands. In either case there is something they don't want us to know

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 03-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member

Re: "the military has bought up all the ammuntion due to spent ammo 10 years ago"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsii64 View Post
If they are buying it, is not because they are running low. they are either redefining how much they need or they want to keep it out of our hands. In either case there is something they don't want us to know
Thanks for the reply. Thats the same way I am begining to feel.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Platinum Member

That's pretty well how I have figured also.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

Not to mention the fact that if the government is saying something, the exact opposite is most likely the truth.

Randy.................who is still wondering why the goverment needs 45 long colt.....

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Bronze Member

The elder you spoke with didnt lie to you, he was lied to by someone else. The federal government knows that some of these gun bills wont pass so they are just down right harassing citzens. Ammo is being bought by the department of homeland security and a lot of it I am told is not government issue calibers. Also military brass is being destroyed instead of being sold to comapanies that sell ammo made from once fired brass. Our president lies everyday.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackinandstackin243 View Post
The elder you spoke with didnt lie to you, he was lied to by someone else. The federal government knows that some of these gun bills wont pass so they are just down right harassing citzens. Ammo is being bought by the department of homeland security and a lot of it I am told is not government issue calibers. Also military brass is being destroyed instead of being sold to comapanies that sell ammo made from once fired brass. Our president lies everyday.
Care to substantiate your claim, especially the one about the Mil brass being destroyed?

I think you are full of phooey myself and if you can't substantiate it, I know you are.

So, man up and provide substantiative links, If not apologize for posting something stupid. We'll forgive you.

Interestingly, I can bid on full lots of Military Once Fired Brass in various calibers, Monday morning. I just don't want to buy 14.000 pounds of 223/556 Federal Range Brass or 12,000 pounds of 308's. I have no need for those quantities but I know of at least 2 retail processors that do and are purchasing lots, Wideners Reloading Supplies and Top Brass.