Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

A Marines Letter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Platinum Member

Re: A Marines Letter

Awesome, let's learn from this, you and I can't just read this, we have to write our own letter, put an address on it and buy a stamp and mail it. After, we probably need to make some calls to congress people locally too. Your state senator, house rep and locals need to be copied in. Let's get to it, a grass roots effort shows conviction for our rights, unfortunately we have to stand up for them and write letters. It's worth our time.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Silver Member

Letter writing is a must. The liberals think they were going to have an easy time passing "something", and they need to find out that this is not the case.

They have been working on various gun control bills for a long time, and just waiting for the "right" time to push them through.

Their strategy sounds like they are going to try a divide-and-conquer among gun owners, and also try to get big retailers involved. Spend a few minutes and send a short note, telling them you oppose any restrictions. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Gold Member

Acually it's pretty simple to do WWW.congress.org Been sending letters daily for 3 weeks now.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

This may be a dumb question, but do they actually read em and give a SH!$?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Don't know if they give a shite, but someone reads them I've received several returns thanking for my response I will say it has only been from the republican side. Go figure

Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
Don't know if they give a shite, but someone reads them I've received several returns thanking for my response I will say it has only been from the republican side. Go figure
Like theres a differance between the rebloodlicans and the demorats now a days any way right?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Well the old bag read that one responded to it. So I'm thinking yea they get read, then passed on to the intended recipient of round filed.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe