Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Lets protect our RIGHTS !!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Bronze Member

Lets protect our RIGHTS !!!!

Can we, as a brotherhood of sportsmen and women, stand by and let our rights be taken away ? PLEASE take a minute and look at this, and send to everyone you know who is a gun owner or sportsman...I also ask that this site (Long Range Hunting) make a link available to this and bring it to the attention of all site members and visitors...Thanks rsbhunter...P.S. This works, i recieved replies from my local politicians!!!!

I am asking that all weapon owners, or people that have an interest in AR 15s, AK,s or any other "assault" weapon, or ANY weapon, go to the included link, and fill out the info, and send it. This is a very professionally written statement that will be sent to YOUR area politicians and the pres. showing support and our stand against our rights being stepped on.This is on the Ruger website, as well as STAG ARMS home page...it only takes about 30 seconds on a computer, or i-pad or i-phone....no long letter to be written....PEASE send this to all your family, friends, news stations, ANYBODY that can join us in our battle to stop our Constitutional rights from being infringed upon...Also, any one that can copy and past this post, or the link, PLEASE do so.....lets not be fooled again by the "wait and see" mentality that will allow bad things to happen.... Thank You rsbhunter

Ruger - Take Action Now!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Lets protect our RIGHTS !!!!

yea we're on it

Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics) - LongRangeHunting Online Magazine
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

I think all of us that are a part of the shooting sport and have weapons for self defense should have already sent a letter or email to each of the representatives and senators of their state. A letter to the local elected sheriff in the county in which you live would also help.

It does not take a lot of effort or time and at the least you will get your thoughts out to someone who has the ability to make a difference. Any action including following "rsbhunter" link is better than sitting on your hands and griping about the way things are!

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Silver Member

Done. Sadly that I'm in NY and these laws were already passed. Interesting information is the email that I received from a well known business, said that they will not ship no reloading items to NY. Which I think is bogus because the way the law is written is its just on live ready to fire ammo. So now I have to be at the mercy of dealers in my area and their price gouging just so I can shoot some.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sniper View Post
Done. Sadly that I'm in NY and these laws were already passed. Interesting information is the email that I received from a well known business, said that they will not ship no reloading items to NY. Which I think is bogus because the way the law is written is its just on live ready to fire ammo. So now I have to be at the mercy of dealers in my area and their price gouging just so I can shoot some.
Some is better than none

You can't even find 22LR's on the shefl here. We are about to start our indoor 50 foot handgun league and quite a few entrants have cancelled do to lack of 22's.

I have plenty of everything but I'm going to shoot up all the cheap stuff (in the league) and hang on to my Wolf Match Extra an d my Eley primed Agulia's for a later date.

I've had many requests to sell some (or all of my handloads) but I won't do that. I might need 'em.

No matter what occurs, at some point in the near future, the supply chain will catch back up and components and store made stuff will appear again. I believe it was a panic buy by less than informed buyers.

Always better to keep an inventory rather than getting caught with your knickers down.....
Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Platinum Member

FYI, the NRA has a similar but more interactive place on their website where you can eiither use a form letter or compose your own and then either send it electronically through the NRA or print it on your printer and snail mail it. The NRA segregates everything for you by district (enter your zip code) to make it even easier. You can choose type fonts, greetings and salutations too.

I've used them both and gotten one conformation from a Senator. Obummer or Good Old Boy Joe never responded.... I expected no less actualy so I wasn't surprised.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Bronze Member

Some of us have time to contact alot of people about this, and we all need to, but ANYTHING is better than nothing....We here in New Mexico are somewhat lucky, there are letters on the web and in newspapers from the Sherrifs in different counties that state they will REFUSE to enforce ANY action ordered to disarm citizens of their weapons, or go against ANY order that infringes on the 2nd amendant...These are the top people in the dept.....Thank GOD for strong willed people....rsbhunter