Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

A landmark day for pro Second Amendment Supporters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member

A landmark day for pro Second Amendment Supporters

Zimmerman was found not guilty by a jury of his peers in Orlando Florida despite the constant bombardment by anti firearm activists and even the Obama administration.

Zimmerman was found not guilty of Murder 2 (carries a life sentence in Florida) and the jury didn't even consider a lesser charge of Manslaughter (30 years imprisonment in Florida).

In criminal law, a defendant can only be found guilty if there is no doubt the physical evidence and testimony has proven that. That wasn't the case.

Not sure what will follow and hopefully cool heads will prevail in Orlando but if they don't, I hope that Orlando law enforcement deals quickly and severely with any and all rioters because I'm reasonably sure that the racial agitators will have a field day with the verdict.

Finally, Obama needs to keep his mouth shut. His comment about if he had a son that son would be like Travon was completely uncalled for.

This is a banner day for self defense, legal possession of a firearm for personal protection and the Second Amendment and should send a potent message to the current administration to quit fiddling with the rights of citizens, both pro and anti firearm.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: A landmark day for pro Second Amendment Supporters

Well, I don't think its over. Now the feds are supposed to look at it and investigate whether a "civil rights" violation occurred. So we all should be reassured with the "justice" department involved. What an absolute joke.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 07-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member

We, as a country need very badly to get by this 'Civil Rights' crap. It's all about civil rights in this country today and in reality, white anglo-saxons are the monority now.

I'm not white but I don't dwell on civil rights. I have much more constructive things to do like get enough sleep and nourishment.

Fingers crossed that things don't get stupid in Orlando, but then, that will depend entirely on how gullible the people are and how persuasive the agitators (Sharpton and Jackson) are.

I'm just glad Zimmerman was acquited. It upholds my belief in self defense against agressors no matter what color they are and strengthens the stand on possession of firearms by law abiding gunowners.

If the tables were turned and Zimmerman was the agressor, this would have never escalated to the level it's at.

That in itself is sad.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member

They just released a picture of the jury...
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
A landmark day for pro Second Amendment Supporters-download-1-.jpg  

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Riley...

I don't believe we will ever know who the jurors were, there is too much gravity associated with the case.

So far, Obama is keeping his cake hole shut, maybe he's learning to engage his brain before opening his mouth.....

I suspect this will come down to how far the race baiters can push gullible citizens and conversely, how sternly law enforcement deals with any rioting.

I said to myself at the outset that Zimmerman only did what any legally permitted firearm owner would do (if carrying and accosted). He defended himself. Nothing more and nothing less.

It's sad that someone died as a result but the bottom line is murders, both justifiable and unjustiufiabvle occur everyday.

If Travon was beating on me and I had my pistol within reach, I'd have done the same thing.

My son is an attorney BTW. He once told me..."dad, if you injure someone, they can take everythinng you have and you'll die penniless. If you kill them, they can only try you and sue you once."

IMO, the DOJ and other governmental agencies should cease and desist. Their meddling is only to placate the race baiters, Nothing more.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member

I tend to agree that the verdict does support the notion of an individual's right to self defense. Our government has been placed on the hot seat by their base now and as usual, they are already maneuvering the discussion from the battle they can't win to one they can leverage. It's very clear that they can't appease the left with a civil rights position, so they are changing the discussion to gun control and "stand your ground" laws. This was likely to happen regardless of the verdict but will be much more intensified so it looks like they care, and, take the attention off of the numerous other scandles and issues that have been plaguing them. The irrefutable takeaway from this whole incident is that the ill intentioned better think twice before they attack, or impose bodily harm on a person. We are an armed nation, and it may be the last time they do it.IMO.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 07-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Silver Member

Location: NY, #50 on the all time best States to live in! and droppin' fast! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I tend to agree that the verdict does support the notion of an individual's right to self defense. Our government has been placed on the hot seat by their base now and as usual, they are already maneuvering the discussion from the battle they can't win to one they can leverage. It's very clear that they can't appease the left with a civil rights position, so they are changing the discussion to gun control and "stand your ground" laws. This was likely to happen regardless of the verdict but will be much more intensified so it looks like they care, and, take the attention off of the numerous other scandles and issues that have been plaguing them. The irrefutable takeaway from this whole incident is that the ill intentioned better think twice before they attack, or impose bodily harm on a person. We are an armed nation, and it may be the last time they do it.IMO.

The liberal, progressive witch hunt on firearms, self defense, and just about anything else related to legitimate gun culture (except movies of course) now has another front opened and broadened for their attacks. Their 'discussion' is one sided at best. They, the current administration, along with state and local leaders across the country are hell bent on furthering their social cause (it's no longer an experiment) at any expense. Part of that cause is disarmament of the American citizen because of the threat it presents. I do believe this is a concerted, bilateral effort on their part.

I drew this conclusion recently when the local sheriff made a visit to a sportsman's club I belong to. The guy spent an hour and 20 minutes telling us how he was trying to "fight" the NY SAFE act. Unfortunately he spent most of the time telling us what he was doing for current and retired LE and virtually no time telling us how he was actually helping the once legitimate gun owner. The following day, our dear leader, Guv. Cuomo signed the amendment exempting LE past and present. There were many other things that were not what I expected to hear but that is for a different thread, another day. I mention this because it is an example of how rights are being taken and the outraged masses are being placated - one little chip at a time.

The noise Holder made yesterday regarding stand your ground is meant to signal the minions, the next attack. He will actually do little other than talk and the DOJ will attack justification laws with the race card. But his statements are really meant to "inspire' the dimwitted legislatures across the country to pull back and further limit self defense justification.