Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)


Reply

ive been banned

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #29  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Re: ive been banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I don't even understand the issues with crop damage hunts, some of the hardest most technical hunts I've been on have been crop damage hunts a few have been like shooting fish in a barrel but still had to employ some skills. Never seen a crop damage hunt that meat was wasted, all of them have been done to maximize the meat that goes to the food bank or to the shooter. Over population is over population, don't matter if it's prairie dogs, deer or elk, you got two choices manage them with a rifle or let disease do it, much less wasteful to damage hunt and you can target certain animal with a rifle where disease culls them all!!!
I got permission from a farmer to hunt his property once and a year or two later he call a friend and I and asked if we would be interested in shooting some deer . The game warden in our state had visited his property and said that he was over populated as the deer where eating up his soybean fields . We agreed to shoot some deer . The rules stated by the warden was the farmer had 30 deer that we where allowed to shoot but the catch was this we couldnt shoot any bucks all had to be does and the sucky prt of it all was we had to leave them lay , I guess that way the warden could see in person that we didnt kill over the limit. I never did feel right to leave them lay so we stopped .
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,464
Re: ive been banned

My philosophy on hunting is simply this...

It's called hunting for a reason. If it was all about killing, it would be called killing, not hunting.......

I look at a hunt, any hunt as a good excuse to get out in the woods or go to some destination I've never been before, a vacation with a plus. That plus is harvesting an animal. If I don't harvest one, I still enjoy the adventure. Life is all about enjoyment of things you like to do.

I've been around 'hunters' before that rate their success on how many animals they kill. I find that as demented and sick as the kid who killed the school children, He probably rationalized his actions like those 'hunters' I've been around in the past as quantity kills.... Of course no one will ever know as th coward killed himself.

I have to wonder how pople rationalize that crap.....
__________________
'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW Montana
Posts: 4,568
Re: ive been banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
My philosophy on hunting is simply this...

It's called hunting for a reason. If it was all about killing, it would be called killing, not hunting.......

I look at a hunt, any hunt as a good excuse to get out in the woods or go to some destination I've never been before, a vacation with a plus. That plus is harvesting an animal. If I don't harvest one, I still enjoy the adventure. Life is all about enjoyment of things you like to do.

I've been around 'hunters' before that rate their success on how many animals they kill. I find that as demented and sick as the kid who killed the school children, He probably rationalized his actions like those 'hunters' I've been around in the past as quantity kills.... Of course no one will ever know as th coward killed himself.

I have to wonder how pople rationalize that crap.....
I really am finding this odd, I do rate my success by the numbers, vacation does not fill my freezer and feed my family plain and simple!! Some days I have to hunt hard to get game some days I step out of the truck to pee and shoot a deer, never know.

Your second paragraph is as disturbing a think as I've read in a long time, subsistance hunters define hunting success as killing game. I grew up killing my food, game or livestock I see very little difference, I have had some hunts that were enjoyable but they are much better when were coming out with a truck loaded down with elk meat!! I grew up in a way and area that sometimes killing something had to be done, if a ewe had twins you killed the weaker one so it didn't starve to death when the larger lamb pushes it of, you raise animal like pets only to butcher them in the fall, you kill elk to save your hay, hard choices but they gotta get done for the better!! I do not see how this in any way shape or form that is even close to what happened in Newtown.
__________________
"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW Montana
Posts: 4,568
Re: ive been banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
I got permission from a farmer to hunt his property once and a year or two later he call a friend and I and asked if we would be interested in shooting some deer . The game warden in our state had visited his property and said that he was over populated as the deer where eating up his soybean fields . We agreed to shoot some deer . The rules stated by the warden was the farmer had 30 deer that we where allowed to shoot but the catch was this we couldnt shoot any bucks all had to be does and the sucky prt of it all was we had to leave them lay , I guess that way the warden could see in person that we didnt kill over the limit. I never did feel right to leave them lay so we stopped .
How many doe tags can you get during hunting season?
__________________
"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 3,464
Re: ive been banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I really am finding this odd, I do rate my success by the numbers, vacation does not fill my freezer and feed my family plain and simple!! Some days I have to hunt hard to get game some days I step out of the truck to pee and shoot a deer, never know.

Your second paragraph is as disturbing a think as I've read in a long time, subsistance hunters define hunting success as killing game. I grew up killing my food, game or livestock I see very little difference, I have had some hunts that were enjoyable but they are much better when were coming out with a truck loaded down with elk meat!! I grew up in a way and area that sometimes killing something had to be done, if a ewe had twins you killed the weaker one so it didn't starve to death when the larger lamb pushes it of, you raise animal like pets only to butcher them in the fall, you kill elk to save your hay, hard choices but they gotta get done for the better!! I do not see how this in any way shape or form that is even close to what happened in Newtown.
I didn't, ever look at or consider hunting as a means of subsistence.

I look at hunting as a sport pastime that I like doing. Of course I raise cattle and I farm so beef for me is in the feedlot, typically a couple hundred head.

Game is just that, something extra so if it comes about, fine. If not, fine too.

The Newton tragedy I referred to as a parody.

Far as hay is concerned, I run hay for myself and I custom harvest for others. I usually inventory a couple hundred rounds and a thousand plus squares in a typical season, all inside BTW. Last season wasn't typical but then it wasn't typical anywhere in th United States....

I've never considered hunting as a primary means of having meat on the table, but thats just me.

I'm just as happy taking pictures as shooting a rifle, in fact, the older I get, the more appealing just photographing becomes.
__________________
'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 863
Re: ive been banned

kind of hypocritical isnt it. A guy can post about going out in a prarie dog town thats destroying grazing land and killing a 100 dogs in a day and everyone thinks thats fine even though there left to rot on the ground. Another guy can shoot his elk, his antelope buck and a couple does. A buck dear and a couple does, probably sitting in a heated blind over a pile of bait or in a farm field just like i do and use that meat to feed his family and thats praised. Me i kill some does that are doing damage to a farmers livelyhood and donate up to 300lbs of meat to less fortunate people and im not allowed to talk about it because it you feel its not right. Do you think that if its wrong and God will judge you for it hes going to be anymore angry with you who killed maybe 50 animals in your life then me who killed 500? Because i went to a fenced hunt and shot a buffalo to feed my family am i going to be judged any differnt then the lady who went to the grocery store and bought a beef roast to feed her family?

This is a long range hunting fourm. Kiling is what we do here. Killing 6 animals a year doesnt make you one bit better then someone who kills 50 or 500. Call it what you want but call it killing, shooting or hunting its all got the same end result. Your killing something and eating it. dont lecture me when you do the same thing. If killing deer bothers you maybe its you that should look for forum other then a long range hunting fourm. As to children reading this. If I thought there was something that might harm my childrens sensibilitys id keep them away. Bottom line is many nights we have our own children and grandchildren come with us and shoot a deer or two. they have a ball doing it. If i wasnt willing to expose them to the fact of life that animals die to feed us and they also can overpopulate some areas i sure wouldnt get them started hunting either.

My grandchildren get a charge out of delivering meat to the church or to a food bank knowing they did something good that day. What do you want me to tell them. I grew it in my garden!! Let those without sin cast the first stone. As to the poster who said i had twisted ideas on what was an ethical hunt. The only opinions ive ever posted were that if I hunt in a legal way and obey all the rules the dnr tell me i have to its none of your business how and where i shoot an animal and all your complaining will do is open a bigger rift between hunters and anti hunters and gun owners and anti gun people. We are all in this together, like it or not and just like nobody appointed you a moderator, nobody appointed you a game warden. If theres a law you dont like theres 5 others that do like it. You dont make the rules and werent appointed judge and jury that decides whos right and whos wrong.

I dont agree with every rule myself but dont think i have the right to call anyone ethical that is obeying the laws that are there. I dont think im better then you and sure wont put up with some wet behind the ear kid that wants to make his own. I kind of get a charge out of this. You dont want talk about as important as protecting your gun rights because it causes conflicts but will dicuss hunting ethics which is just as volitable subject if not more. Sounds to me like its more of a case that you have your ideas on everything and wow be to anyone that disagrees with you. Hunting ethics are a very personal thing. In my opinion you have the right to hunt anyway you want but dont have the right to decide how someone else does. But dont be so blind as to think that the outcome isnt the same no matter what you call it. the deer is still dead and you KILLED it. Now if these opinions are radical or you think im a nut case for stating them you might want to take up a diffenent hobby. Golf balls dont feel pain!

If you dont like me personaly theres not much i can do about that. If i offended some friend of yours or disagreed with your opinion and your looking to get back at me because of it bring it on. I dont EVER go to sleep at night stirred up because of what some kid said on the internet. Ive allways been one that tells it the way it is. Im not allways right but my posts come from my own experiences and theres not one once of bs in any of them. I dont repeat someone elses opinion or base an opinion on a once in a lifetime experience. Maybe im occasionaly wrong but never intentionaly and im the first to admit it when proven wrong. Yup i was born with a set! I was also raised to be brutely honest and honorable. Three traits that seem to be going by the wayside in the evolution of man. Funny thing is that in all of this i havent been even contacted by a moderator saying i was out of line. Looks like the moderators here are intellgent enough to see that although im a bit rough around the edges I dont say anything that isnt at least somewhat right and i dont make personal attacks on individuals hiding behind a screen. Some other fourms could use moderators like here that have a bit more open eyes versus fourms that are ruled like storm troppers and allow little clicks of boot lickers to control the way a post goes.


By the way one last thing and this is for bigbuck. We do shoot alot of deer and the main objective is to protect the crops but ive got my idea of whats right and wrong too and wouldnt myself go out and shoot 20 deer if i had to leave them lay rotting in the field. IF i lived in a state that condoned that id be calling my senators and congressman and representitives letting them know it didnt make me happy and hopefully have them change that law as i dont think anyone thinks thats right. Not when theres hungry people going without.

If my my opinions and methods bother you or you want to call me out as a trouble maker consider this. this country was founded by people that didnt like not having a voice in there laws and way of life. My ansestors and yes YOURS to came here because they didnt want to sit back and take it anymore and were willing to fight for the common good. Somehow through the years that disapeared and now most are only out to push there own personal agendas. To few are willing to stand up and fight the good fight and sit back and expect someone else to do it for them. I thank God everyday for letting me live in a country that allows me the freedom to voice my opinions and try to change the things i dont like. Like the old saying goes and it applys more today then ever. Lead, follow or get out of the way! Now i will DEFINEATLY back out of this thread. Ive said what i think and will let you get in the last word! Remember though ill still sleep tonight ;) Feel free to to post here any other quotes ive made conserning hunting ethics if ive left something out of my opinion here that you found objectionable in the past but i think i about covered it. Feel free too to post about any other fourm other then the fireingline where ive been banned. Ive quit posting at some but have never been banned before this.

Last edited by lloydsmale; 12-21-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Re: ive been banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
How many doe tags can you get during hunting season?
We dont have to tag the does. Only the bucks and we are allowed 4 bucks per year . We are allowed a doe a day for private land owners and leased land. Our rifle starts from November and goes through January 31 st. We are over ran with does it isnt any problem at all to see 5 doe and no buck or as much as 12 deer with one buck , the ratio is way off.
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC