Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

ITs getting serious, start making noise before its to damn late!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

ITs getting serious, start making noise before its to damn late!!!

TO all,

Just had a customer send me this information. If you do not think there is an intentional plan to tax our firearms away from us, WAKE UP!!!!

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to pu ton our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun. This bill was introduced on Feb. 24, This will become public knowledge 30 days after is is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committe can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all. The full text of the proposed amendment is in the U.S. homepage, U.S. Senate - You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know to help STOP this bill!!!

I have not read the bill all the way through yet but wanted to get it out in front of you guys as quickly as possible. Get ahold of your senators and reps and raise some hell NOW. They are being honest when they say they are not trying to take our firearms, they know they can not do that, they do not have the votes, BUT, they do have the votes to raise taxes and they CAN make owning and using a firearm so expensive no one will be able to afford to own one. Yes they are this smart, Yes this is happening, Stand up and fight or lay down and get ran over!!!!! Call, write or e-mail your senators and reps before its to late!!!!!

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Bronze Member

Re: ITs getting serious, start making noise before its to damn late!!!

Urban legend.
The Diabolical Conspiracy to Tax Handguns (Senate Bill S. 2099) - Urban Legends
snopes.com: Handgun Safety and Registration Act

DK
Old 05-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

I apologize, you would have to register all handguns from what this says. Is that any better???? What do you think registration would intale? Write down all the handguns you own and I am sure pay for a license to own them.......

Not all that different then originally commented, just more focused, at least as far as that post reads. Do you really think that they could not have added an amendment to include all firearms?????

As an owner of MANY handguns, I do not want any registration.

I fully admit that this bill may not be what was originally portrayed but there is no questioning that our government will be increasingly tricky about slipping gun restrictions and taxes into totally unrelated bills in an attempt to restrict our rights.

My final point still stands true, contact your senators and reps and let our voice be heard that we have had enough of this liberal crap to restrict or tax our sports and way of life.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
I apologize, you would have to register all handguns from what this says. Is that any better????
Welcome to Canada!

Quote:
What do you think registration would intale?
Registration here has been a $2+ Billion dollar screwup. Keep in mind we have about 10% the population of the US.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Slopeshunter,

You could look at wwII Germany, Austraila, England and Canada and every other country that has limited the citizens rights to own firearms of in kind in the name of a safer society and in every case, it has been a huge cost in $$ and crime rate actually increased....

These politicians simply feel they are smarter then the rest of the world and they "Know" whats best for us..... Of the 10 million US citizens that are unemployed, there are several thousand in DC that should be unemployed. We all would be better off if they were.

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Slopeshunter,

You could look at wwII Germany, Austraila, England and Canada and every other country that has limited the citizens rights to own firearms of in kind in the name of a safer society and in every case, it has been a huge cost in $$ and crime rate actually increased....

These politicians simply feel they are smarter then the rest of the world and they "Know" whats best for us..... Of the 10 million US citizens that are unemployed, there are several thousand in DC that should be unemployed. We all would be better off if they were.
You said it Kirby, couldn't agree with you more!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Exactly!

So is there anything we else we can do other than send e-mails, pay our dues to NRA etc. ? What about a group effort like a well written petition for us all to add our names and submit for more of an impact with numbers ?

Any thoughts?

Kirby is correct, it is time to act.