Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

If I Was The Devil . . . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 11:33 PM
Silver Member

Re: If I Was The Devil . . . .

I gotta have faith that anyone who has ears can listen, but in the end that choice is for all of us to make individually.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

The great thing about this site is that despite differences in opinions most everyone is respectful of each other.

Mr. FishBox is right to be skeptical of anything and everything these days. One has to be. There is so much misinformation and plain bull crap in every form of media sometimes you need a shovel just to get thru it. I appreciate his divergent point of view and respect his fortitude for expressing it. This country needs strong, informed, intelligent and courageous leaders on both sides of an issue who can agree to disagree but still find the right answer.

Thank you Mr. FishBox for speaking up. Please do not stop.

Unfortunately you won't find that in Washington or anywhere there are paid politicians. Does anyone on this site actually believe Jester Biden called the Colorado Speaker to give him 'encouragement'. There are tons and tons of federal entitlements that Colorado stood to loose if they did not do Obama's lifting for him.

As far as insight goes... read your history, read not only US propaganda (news) but also Al Jazeria, BBC, Pravda. See for yourself how depolarized the rest of the world is from the 'American' way of life. See what we have to loose.

Most of all... do not believe what you see, hear or read when it comes from a government mouth piece, news paper, or camera. The Spanish did not sink the Maine, Pearl Harbor was not a surprise, the USS Maddox was not attacked, Oswald did not kill Kennedy alone, Saddam had 3 look-alikes.. which one was hung, and do you really think we didn't know where Osama was?

Again, differing opinions and the ability to express them is what America is about. So is freedom of choice... not the emperior's choices for us... but our choices for him.

It's called the Constitution stupid... read it.. embrace it.. cherish it... leave it alone.

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Gold Member

Just for the record.......Do not get me wrong. I am not suggesting anyone fall silent. If you believe it, by all means preach it. Just at some point it becomes obvious folks have made up there mind and nothing will change that.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
The great thing about this site is that despite differences in opinions most everyone is respectful of each other.

Mr. FishBox is right to be skeptical of anything and everything these days. One has to be. There is so much misinformation and plain bull crap in every form of media sometimes you need a shovel just to get thru it. I appreciate his divergent point of view and respect his fortitude for expressing it. This country needs strong, informed, intelligent and courageous leaders on both sides of an issue who can agree to disagree but still find the right answer.

Thank you Mr. FishBox for speaking up. Please do not stop.

Unfortunately you won't find that in Washington or anywhere there are paid politicians. Does anyone on this site actually believe Jester Biden called the Colorado Speaker to give him 'encouragement'. There are tons and tons of federal entitlements that Colorado stood to loose if they did not do Obama's lifting for him.

As far as insight goes... read your history, read not only US propaganda (news) but also Al Jazeria, BBC, Pravda. See for yourself how depolarized the rest of the world is from the 'American' way of life. See what we have to loose.

Most of all... do not believe what you see, hear or read when it comes from a government mouth piece, news paper, or camera. The Spanish did not sink the Maine, Pearl Harbor was not a surprise, the USS Maddox was not attacked, Oswald did not kill Kennedy alone, Saddam had 3 look-alikes.. which one was hung, and do you really think we didn't know where Osama was?

Again, differing opinions and the ability to express them is what America is about. So is freedom of choice... not the emperior's choices for us... but our choices for him.

It's called the Constitution stupid... read it.. embrace it.. cherish it... leave it alone.

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

Doc
This guy gets it all I'm trying to do is give a different opinion is it the one I believe in? not going to tell you that but if someone doesn't go against the ship every once in a while this thread would have died along time ago and I like this thread I would also like some more facts to pop up.

Right now the BBC has a special on gun control and I watched it the first episode and nowhere did they say anything about large bans or government buying all the ammo etc etc. Not that they are a definitive source.

Give me more facts, giving up on someone just because they have a different point of view doesn't do you any good. So give facts with credible resources Not the government is doing it secretly so no one knows about it facts. I want facts that can be traced to a reputable source.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Silver Member

FishBox,

I agree with you and Doc that differing opinions are a good thing. I guess I am just a little desensitized right now by talking to others who do not believe anything unless it comes out of Obama's mouth, and will simply fling names around rather than have a meaningful debate.

Everything that I listed in my previous post is true, and you can find credible sources for them. Unfortunately I did not save all of them, or I would paste a URL for each one. You do have to wade through a lot of crap (opinion), but you can find the truth.

About the government buying ammo, they say it is for training purposes, but I have to ask, why so much, and why right now? My opinion is that it is in preparation, and/or taking it away from the market for the more devious reasons listed on this thread, but there will not be any proof of this because the official reason given to the media is that it is for training purposes. I don't believe everything the government tells us, if you couldn't tell.

The rest of it is fairly easy to find.

Part of the point is that the government should fear the people, not the other way around. Sadly, many do fear the government for a variety of reasons right now, but most of the reasons involve the loss of rights and privileges as the current administration believe that "We the People" need to be treated like junior high kids, that we can't possibly know what is best for us, so they will tell us what is and force us to act in accordance or be taxed, fined, or generally treated as a criminal. This goes for everything from Michelle Obama asking resteraunts to stop placing salt on their tables to Obamacare to the current laws and proposals on gun control. I for one am damned tired of being treated as an adolescent by the goobermint.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Silver Member

Right on Joe!!

It's true.... it's true... IT'S TRUE!!!

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member

Oh boy what fun this thread turned out to be

I know the guys a wing nut but anyone ever watch/listen to Alex Jones? I started writing down his points and sources, then just looking them up, the scary thing is the dudes on with every point, his connections maybe not so much (actually I think he's out in left field, at the fence, next to the foul line) But at any rate, check it out check his sources he gives, and don't forget the entertainment value of his rants
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe