Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Gold Member

Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

I have included a link to a writing. This kind of helped me grasp some reality and also supported a positive in my wondering of the same question. It's kind of lengthy but good. Tell me what you think.

The Dick Act is Not the Gun-Control Holy Grail - American Live Wire*|*American Live Wire
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
Things have to be bad enough that the local law enforcement cannot handle the situation; riots, mass looting, etc for martial law to be imposed. Then the military is the law and your rights mean squat. I hate to say it but sometimes it's needed, even on our own soil. Katrina is the perfect example. It was heart breaking to see how Americans would act and treat each other. I expect that behavior in a country like Iraq but never here. Some people have to be put in their place and innocent folks get caught in the cross fire...literally!
Some folks say the government gets in our business too much, and for the most part I would be the first one to say that. But on the other hand there are just as many folks that don't think the gov does enough. After things settled down in New Orleans and FEMA and the Red Cross came in I was in charge of the security at one of there aid sites. They would take in 1,500 people a day and were handing out all kinds of stuff including $1,500 to each household. That wasn't enough and people were getting pissed about how our government is doing nothing. Are you freaking kidding me!? What in the hell does our government have to do with you living in a giant flood zone and you not having insurance? That and mobs were attacking soldiers trying to hand out food and water.
I've heard it said: The person is smart, but people are stupid.
I agree.
I worked in Laruel Miss. After Katrina hit. Once work got kind of slow I decided to ride down to New Orleans , when I got there it looked like a ghost town . I rode through subdivision after subdivision and house after house was vacant. I noticed that every car that had a set of after market wheels was jacked up on blocks and the wheels had been stolen. It was this way every where you looked. I was told a story from one of the locals . He said that when Katrina hit the streets where full of people in a certain location he said there was no police to control them and it got so bad that a man raped a woman in the broad daylight in the middle of the street in front of everyone . He said he watched a man walk up behind the man that was doing the rape and pull out a hand gun point it at his head and POP .......end of the rape! I would say that the military was definitely needed .

Thanks guys for your service !
Old 03-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
He said he watched a man walk up behind the man that was doing the rape and pull out a hand gun point it at his head and POP .......end of the rape! I would say that the military was definitely needed .

Thanks guys for your service !
I'd say more men with guns was needed.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Platinum Member

QUOTE=aviatrix;787126]I'd say more men with guns was needed.[/QUOTE]

That will work as well .
Old 03-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatyrem View Post
I have included a link to a writing. This kind of helped me grasp some reality and also supported a positive in my wondering of the same question. It's kind of lengthy but good. Tell me what you think.

The Dick Act is Not the Gun-Control Holy Grail - American Live Wire*|*American Live Wire
What do I think? Its in the following two paragraphs and I no longer care what the current criminal lunatic inhabitants of the District of Corruption (aka the government) have to say about anything.

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p 322.

I don't need 9 in black robes braying decisions out of whole cloth, a president who thinks he's king or self-serving politicians in D.C. lusting for more and more power who have built their careers twisting, spinning and pompously pontificating about what the meaning of is - is, to interpret the Constitution for me, neither do you; take it for what it says.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
What do I think? Its in the following two paragraphs and I no longer care what the current criminal lunatic inhabitants of the District of Corruption (aka the government) have to say about anything.

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p 322.

I don't need 9 in black robes braying decisions out of whole cloth, a president who thinks he's king or self-serving politicians in D.C. lusting for more and more power who have built their careers twisting, spinning and pompously pontificating about what the meaning of is - is, to interpret the Constitution for me, neither do you; take it for what it says.
One of the things that did bother me was that the soldier said. He would "uphold the constitutation unless it was rewritten ." What tha ? The way I see it, if it comes to that he will definately need his training ! We live in a society that thinks they can rewrite the Bible so it doesnt apply to them thats why the "other" versions take Sodomy out of the text . Same as our constitution these same individuals would rather "rewrite" the constitution to mold it to fit there twisted views !
Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
One of the things that did bother me was that the soldier said. He would "uphold the constitutation unless it was rewritten.
Maybe what he meant was, if they change it he will no longer "uphold" the new version. ??

Jeff