Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)


Reply

***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas (Home of Record)
Posts: 1,214
Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

Several of my fellow soldiers and I had this conversation quite recently. All of them said "Hell No!". As a soldier you have the responsibility to decide if an order is illegel and/or immoral and to act (or not) accordingly.
Believe it or not I have been through this once already. I was one of the first soldiers to hit the ground in New Orleans after Katrina.
__________________
Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SOCIALIST CONTROLLED TERRITORY OF NEW YORK
Posts: 4,388
Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
Several of my fellow soldiers and I had this conversation quite recently. All of them said "Hell No!". As a soldier you have the responsibility to decide if an order is illegel and/or immoral and to act (or not) accordingly.
Believe it or not I have been through this once already. I was one of the first soldiers to hit the ground in New Orleans after Katrina.
What was your rank at the time and did you and your act with honor?
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
If you want to shoot Bergers start here!
http://www.longrangehunting.com/arti...accuracy-1.php
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas (Home of Record)
Posts: 1,214
Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

At the time I was a SGT (E-5) and "Honor" is one of my Seven Army Values.

At the time a State of Emergency was declared by the Sate of Lousianna, and that can be akin to Martial Law. However, I don't think a natural disaster takes a person's rights away. The only time I felt it justified is in the process of a criminal act. For example, armed thugs walking the streets thinking they run the place.

As a side note, our acting First SGT told us not to aid the Police in anything we felt illegal. He didn't think it to be right either. I told the 110# female I rode with for a couple weeks that I wouldn't assist in such unless she was in danger. She told me not to worry.
__________________
Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,654
Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
At the time I was a SGT (E-5) and "Honor" is one of my Seven Army Values.

At the time a State of Emergency was declared by the Sate of Lousianna, and that can be akin to Martial Law. However, I don't think a natural disaster takes a person's rights away. The only time I felt it justified is in the process of a criminal act. For example, armed thugs walking the streets thinking they run the place.

As a side note, our acting First SGT told us not to aid the Police in anything we felt illegal. He didn't think it to be right either. I told the 110# female I rode with for a couple weeks that I wouldn't assist in such unless she was in danger. She told me not to worry.
Bravo 4, We had a tornado hit my home town and the national guard was called in because of looting . We had a set time to be home . They checked for our address on our drivers license . I really didnt like the ideah of armed soldiers posted at the 4 way stop 300 ft from my drive way . I was ready to do what needed to be done if someone came to my residence to steal ! One land owner erected a sign (4x8) that said he would shoot first and call the cops after the fact. I guess folks that didnt have any guns to protect themselves with didnt mind the national guard in our area. I feel like the Big Gov could use a disater for a reason to control . I mean their is stealing that goes on everyday so this alone should not dictate the "martial Law" . What is some ground rules for Martial Law? And how do you feel about this from a military stand point ?
__________________
"Molon Labe"
IN DIXIE WE DON"T CALL 911 !
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SOCIALIST CONTROLLED TERRITORY OF NEW YORK
Posts: 4,388
Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
At the time I was a SGT (E-5) and "Honor" is one of my Seven Army Values.

At the time a State of Emergency was declared by the Sate of Lousianna, and that can be akin to Martial Law. However, I don't think a natural disaster takes a person's rights away. The only time I felt it justified is in the process of a criminal act. For example, armed thugs walking the streets thinking they run the place.

As a side note, our acting First SGT told us not to aid the Police in anything we felt illegal. He didn't think it to be right either. I told the 110# female I rode with for a couple weeks that I wouldn't assist in such unless she was in danger. She told me not to worry.
nice 82nd?
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
If you want to shoot Bergers start here!
http://www.longrangehunting.com/arti...accuracy-1.php
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas (Home of Record)
Posts: 1,214
Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Bravo 4, We had a tornado hit my home town and the national guard was called in because of looting . We had a set time to be home . They checked for our address on our drivers license . I really didnt like the ideah of armed soldiers posted at the 4 way stop 300 ft from my drive way . I was ready to do what needed to be done if someone came to my residence to steal ! One land owner erected a sign (4x8) that said he would shoot first and call the cops after the fact. I guess folks that didnt have any guns to protect themselves with didnt mind the national guard in our area. I feel like the Big Gov could use a disater for a reason to control . I mean their is stealing that goes on everyday so this alone should not dictate the "martial Law" . What is some ground rules for Martial Law? And how do you feel about this from a military stand point ?
Things have to be bad enough that the local law enforcement cannot handle the situation; riots, mass looting, etc for martial law to be imposed. Then the military is the law and your rights mean squat. I hate to say it but sometimes it's needed, even on our own soil. Katrina is the perfect example. It was heart breaking to see how Americans would act and treat each other. I expect that behavior in a country like Iraq but never here. Some people have to be put in their place and innocent folks get caught in the cross fire...literally!
Some folks say the government gets in our business too much, and for the most part I would be the first one to say that. But on the other hand there are just as many folks that don't think the gov does enough. After things settled down in New Orleans and FEMA and the Red Cross came in I was in charge of the security at one of there aid sites. They would take in 1,500 people a day and were handing out all kinds of stuff including $1,500 to each household. That wasn't enough and people were getting pissed about how our government is doing nothing. Are you freaking kidding me!? What in the hell does our government have to do with you living in a giant flood zone and you not having insurance? That and mobs were attacking soldiers trying to hand out food and water.
I've heard it said: The person is smart, but people are stupid.
I agree.
__________________
Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas (Home of Record)
Posts: 1,214
Re: ***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
nice 82nd?
Not anymore.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of time.
Pulling CQ duties again, here's a quick pic.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
***i talked to an army soldier today about the 2nd ammendment****-airborne.jpg  
__________________
Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?
Yes - 47.06%
889 Votes
No - 52.94%
1,000 Vote
Total Votes: 1,889
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC