Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

hearts and minds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Silver Member

hearts and minds

our rights and liberty are not lost in court, they are lost in the hearts and minds of misinformed people. lots of good folks have never had any firearm experiences of their own, and only know what they see on television and hear from the very vocal anti-gunners. take them shooting. make a very enjoyable picnic day for them. friends and good aquaintances do not see you as the people they are against owning firearms, I think you will be very surprised at the number of people that will do a political 180 and some of them will actually ask for your advise on their very first purchase. I cant do this for them, they dont know me and they trust you. It is self perpetuating and unstopable. the only thing you need is the generosity god gave you
Old 08-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member

Re: hearts and minds

I like I'm sure many others here have introduced non shooters to the world of firearms. Most eventually bought a firearm...few didn't.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Miller Outdoors

Re: hearts and minds

A fellow by the name of Thomas Jefferson had a very pertinent quote.

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance."

While I do what I can to further all my freedoms I will say that it sucks donkey dung that most men's primary instinct is to exert force to control other men - instead of seeking happiness and freedom for themselves.

I learned long ago that in order to live free I've got to let others also live free. That's a hard lesson to teach the masses who are brainwashed with all sorts of statist propaganda in our prolific government-run schools.