Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Gun Test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Platinum Member

Gun Test

A friend E-Mailed me this and I though it fit the current times.

Today I swung my front door open and placed my Stevens 320 on the front porch.
I gave it 6 shells, and noticing that it had no legs, I decided to place it in my wheelchair
to help it get around.

Then I left it alone and went about my business. While I was gone, the mailman
delivered my mail, the boy across the street mowed my lawn, a girl walked her dog
down the street,And quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign in front of my house.

After about 2 hours,I checked on the gun. And it was still sitting there in the wheelchair, right
where I left it. It had not rolled itself outside and It had not killed anyone even in spite of the
many opportunities that had been presented to it. and strangely enough ,it had not even loaded
it,s self.

Well you can imagine how surprised I was with all the media hype about how dangerous guns
are and how they kill people.

So either the media is wrong , and it,s the misuse of guns by people or I,m in possession of the
laziest Gun in the world.

So now I,m off to check on my spoons,because I hear they make people fat.

J E CUSTOM
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Gun Test

Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Silver Member

Ya, I thought that was pretty funny as well!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
A friend E-Mailed me this and I though it fit the current times.

Today I swung my front door open and placed my Stevens 320 on the front porch.
I gave it 6 shells, and noticing that it had no legs, I decided to place it in my wheelchair
to help it get around.

Then I left it alone and went about my business. While I was gone, the mailman
delivered my mail, the boy across the street mowed my lawn, a girl walked her dog
down the street,And quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign in front of my house.

After about 2 hours,I checked on the gun. And it was still sitting there in the wheelchair, right
where I left it. It had not rolled itself outside and It had not killed anyone even in spite of the
many opportunities that had been presented to it. and strangely enough ,it had not even loaded
it,s self.

Well you can imagine how surprised I was with all the media hype about how dangerous guns
are and how they kill people.

So either the media is wrong , and it,s the misuse of guns by people or I,m in possession of the
laziest Gun in the world.

So now I,m off to check on my spoons,because I hear they make people fat.

J E CUSTOM
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe