Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

good news from AZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!
good news from AZ

Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit - Yahoo! News
Old 04-24-2010, 04:50 PM

Re: good news from AZ

Glad to hear it. Seems like states are taking a strong stance on this issue, honestly 10 years ago I did not think we would be here. But we are, gun ownership is at its highest ever, more people carry than ever before and violent crime is down significantly. Evidence based science is clear, more guns and losed carry laws have not lead to more violence, not even the most hard-headed anti-gunner could argue this honestly. I carry daily except when at work where I cannot, I openly share with others my habits and reasons that I carry and I feel that being an advocate for my beliefs has lead some people to reconsider their beliefs. Good for Arizona, maybe a good retirement home...20 years from now. South Dakota is too damn cold sometimes.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Gold Member

more good news from AZ with the gov signing the immigration bill. Now if they can just get rid of John McCain they might make something of that state. I wouldnt even think of retiring there briancrn....after living in SD for so long you would not live through a summer there. You would melt into your shoes! AJ
Old 04-24-2010, 06:53 PM

I'm comming off a winter that felt like it would never end, don't be fooled we get plenty hot here in the summer...we get extremes really cold really hot. I do just fine with hot weather its being inside for 4-5 months that wears me down. I heard about the imigration bill as well, of course it was not favorably presented in the news. I've said it many times I have no problem with people comming to this country to reap the benifits if they do so legally and with a spirit of gratefullness.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Gold Member

amen to that. I like the way TR said it best:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.

But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but is something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile.

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Old 04-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member

I am DOWN on dual citizenship also!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

No training+no background check...interesting.