Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Free Scope = involvement. RKBA = Apathy.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Free Scope = involvement. RKBA = Apathy.

I email mine all the time about everything. As for haveing liberal reps, I think they need to be contacted more than anyone else. They still have to get reelected. If enough people tell them they won't vote for them if they don't change thier stance on things like the second amendment they will have to listen. I hope.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Silver Member

Interest will increase about the time that Long Range Hunters are categorized as "snipers"
Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member

Well I knew this was going to be the response be for I sent my message of opposition, but I did anyway. This guy is like the cousin you have but don't like to admit it!

Dear Mr. Mason:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to be Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. I appreciate hearing from all Pennsylvanians about the issues that matter most to them.

On May 26, 2009, President Obama announced his nomination of Sonia Sotomayor to replace retiring Justice David H. Souter on the Supreme Court. As you know, the Supreme Court is the highest court in the federal judiciary and decides cases of enormous importance to the Nation. As a part of her confirmation process, I had the privilege to meet with Judge Sotomayor on June 9, 2009. After meeting with Judge Sotomayor, I was extremely impressed by her knowledge of the law and her personal warmth. I was also impressed by her honesty in answering questions and her understanding of the role of the judiciary at all levels of our federal system in ensuring the promise of ‘equal justice under law.’

I have monitored Judge Sotomayor’s testimony before the Judiciary Committee and I believe she has demonstrated that she is highly qualified to become a Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. As a U.S. Senator, I take very seriously my own constitutional role in Judge Sotomayor’s confirmation process and I will be closely reviewing her judicial career and qualifications as her confirmation process continues.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please be assured that I have been gratified to hear from my constituents regarding Judge Sotomayor and the significance of this historic nomination. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

If you have access to the Internet, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator