Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

First Trapping then.............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Gold Member

Re: First Trapping then.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300whisper View Post
I didnt know that. I am a huge hunter (clearly by being on this forum ) and I always thought foothold traps as pretty terrible. Its good to know there is an alternative to older traps and (simply put) the uneducated imagination.

I have used snares for rabbits before and thought they were amazing. The animals own speed/strength dispatches them quickly.

Also, would hog traps (like the cages, pens, and dropping doors) count as trapping? If so alot of farmers would be screwed in the South East if this were to become a law. I personally think this is one of the most humane traps there are and it even allows you to relocate the animal!
Just like a hammer can mangle the users hand, a car can be a transportation tool or a 1 ton killing machine, a trap can cause foot damage by using the wrong trap the wrong way. That's not a trap problem, that's a user problem.

Yes a hog trap is very much a trap but generally trap bans do not apply to spring loaded or gravity activated cage traps. The term "humane" is more about the trapper than the trap. I have seen some animals die some very hard deaths in a cage trap. Foothold Traps are a "live trap" that can be used in a humane fashion.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Gold Member

Im not sure about Cage Traps but I know they want Leghold an snares make illegal across the board Nation wide. Then if they get that they will go after Cage Trapping. What's next probably all Military style weapon's like Rifles with scopes, after all aren't they really Sniper Rifles.

I know several Avid Hunters that are apposed to trapping, they have no idea that the anti's are really after them in the end.

I would never turn my back on our President as who knows what he might do with and executive order.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Silver Member

Frankly, the most inhumane trap in existence is the human womb. 1,500,000 times each year some doctor walks between the knees of a willing woman, inserts a certain instrument into the trap and squashes the head of the entrapped. Unless of course the entrapped has grown too large to be safely removed from the trap after being killed. In these cases, ( 35000 times each yr in the US ) the entrapped is breached in the womb, pulled out of the trap by it's hind legs, and finally being killed by inserting a sharp instrument into the brain cavity while it's head is still inside the birth canal.

It is very important that the head is still in the birth canal when the entrapped is killed because it would be 1st degree murder if the top of the head clears the plane of the left and right labia prior to being killed.

Soo Whisper, could we agree that steel traps are the result of uneducated imagination just as the process described above is the result of educated imagination. I know it must be EDUCATED IMAGINATION at work because it is political and academic elites that are sponsoring these acts.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Gold Member

Very Well put im going to copy that and use it in the future..................................
Old 01-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post

The techonology of trapping now days is fantastic, my leg holds are fully modified and very powerful yet will hold a bobcat so perfectly I can release a female completely unharmed and not signs of being in a trap.

Mr bigngreen: Can you do me a favor and tell me briefly how you get a bobcat out of a trap without getting the living S*** chewed and clawed out of you!!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Mr bigngreen: Can you do me a favor and tell me briefly how you get a bobcat out of a trap without getting the living S*** chewed and clawed out of you!!
Well, the easiest is a catch pole which I carry when I'm running cat sets, you noose them and roll them on their back and pin them length wise with the pole and your foot while releasing them, the trick is getting rid of them. Bobcats choke out very easy so you have to be easy on the noose, a coyote will just lay down but not choke out, I give them a good swing and release the noose to land them on the other side of something so they don't immediately come back at you, if they land at your feet you have two options, run like hell or try to fight your way out of it, so far the running option has worked

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Well, the easiest is a catch pole which I carry when I'm running cat sets, you noose them and roll them on their back and pin them length wise with the pole and your foot while releasing them, the trick is getting rid of them. Bobcats choke out very easy so you have to be easy on the noose, a coyote will just lay down but not choke out, I give them a good swing and release the noose to land them on the other side of something so they don't immediately come back at you, if they land at your feet you have two options, run like hell or try to fight your way out of it, so far the running option has worked
It STILL sounds like a good way to get the living **** clawed out of you!!.....lol