Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Financing the Gun and Gun Parts Manufacturers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Silver Member

Re: Financing the Gun and Gun Parts Manufacturers

Thanks for the positive responses. I am going to approach the NRA with the idea, and see if they respond to me. I am not sure about how all of the legal stuff works, but I am confident they would. Hope it can be a win, win for everyone if it gets enough traction.
Thanks again, Mike
Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Silver Member

A couple of potential stumbling blocks.

1. - The NRA is a non-profit. Not sure how that would work if they start a bank / venture capital / financial institution...etc

2. The feds control the banks through the SEC and the federal reserve and other Gov't institutions.

On the positive side....I do not believe the actions of the Gov't to sway banks away from certain types of businesses would hold up in court. If it did hold, imagine how easy it would be to buy stocks in one company and then cut off the money supply to all of their competitors. Remember, the liberals are all about regulation and oversite
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Silver Member

That would be the "things I don't know about", part of this idea? I think this Administration has the chance to seat more Judges is this term, does he not? Also, it seems as though, this group of politicians is particularly ruthless, when it comes to both regulatory law, and Constitutional law? I'm going to send my thoughts to the NRA, and see where it goes? I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to purchase the first "shares" if it blossomed into reality!!
Thanks for your input. You must be in the finance/financial advisor/or business management fields? I'm a busted up Carpenter, with a slight distain for the Government.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganhunter View Post
That would be the "things I don't know about", part of this idea? I think this Administration has the chance to seat more Judges is this term, does he not? Also, it seems as though, this group of politicians is particularly ruthless, when it comes to both regulatory law, and Constitutional law? I'm going to send my thoughts to the NRA, and see where it goes? I'd LOVE to have the opportunity to purchase the first "shares" if it blossomed into reality!!
Thanks for your input. You must be in the finance/financial advisor/or business management fields? I'm a busted up Carpenter, with a slight distain for the Government.

Believe me, I don't put anything past these bed wetters in DC. We are now GIVING away f-16's and Abrams tanks and spare parts to Egypt yet I can't be trusted with a 30 round magazine?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Silver Member

I would not worry much about the firearms industry getting financing. The political ploy will only put pressure on big consumer banks but private commercial banks will gladly fill the void. There is also lots of private capitol funds who would like a piece of the actoin. Payroll deposits may be more of a pia for them but access to money should not be a problem. The industry is booming and unless poorly managed the balance sheets should look good. Small mom and pop operations may have to find small private banks and that may be inconvenient.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Silver Member

Apparently Intuit has stopped processing credit cards from businesses that deal in firearms and accessories.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Silver Member

An NRA paypal type service would be awsome. I'm so tired of mailing postal money orders it's not even funny. I try my best to not do any business with PayPal. If the NRA sets up a full line online consumer bank it would be great . Don't think it will happen as I'm sure it would be hard to work with their nonprofit model.