Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

End of OFMB?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

End of OFMB?

One of the 3 Musketeers (me and my 2 hunting companions) told me today that the Obama Administration has ordered the GSA to eliminate all the auction sales of bulk OFMB within 10 business days and pull from the market all pending OF Brass sales.

I haven't read or heard anything that supports his claim. He went on to tell me that the brass will be shredded and sold as scrap.

There was some rumblings about this scenario a year or two ago.

While that can or cannot impact you, that will eliminate all 50 Caliber, 5.56 NATO and 308 (7.62 x 51) in Mil brass as a means to acquire reasonably priced once fired cases in Federal and Lake City Aresenal.

I, myself buy 308's in OFMB to reload and 5.56 NATO as well for 223's.

Of course anything else caliber wise don't apply.

Anyone heard anything?
Old 05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Platinum Member

Re: End of OFMB?

Interesting. 45 views and not one comment. Maybe it's a fairy tale, I don't know for sure but I bet the AR crowd will find out real soon. Those LC once fired cases might vanish forever.

I have enough 308 brass to keep going until I die and 223's but then I'm an old fart.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Platinum Member

Cant say for sure but did find this?
Search Results - Government Liquidation
Old 05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachV View Post
Cant say for sure but did find this?
Search Results - Government Liquidation
I'm on the approved bidder list for GSA and I haven't received any notification pertaining to the alleged order but then, the mandate as I understand it (from my friend, who happens not to be a story teller) is 10 day so I suspect I'll hear something this coming week, but then again, maybe not.

Nothing in the media, but then I expect nothing in the way of pertinent news from the media unless it advances their agenda....
Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

I swear I remember a similar type of announcement several years ago. I want to say the NRA got fired up and lobbied to stick some legislation into an appropriations bill (or something) to prevent it from happening. Or maybe I dreamed it after a few too many pops one night? Anyone out there to back this up or shoot it down?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Silver Member

It fits with his 'plan'. Has the NRA had anything to say on this, or has it been forwarded to them?

Animo et Fide "Courage and Faith"

DocB

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 05-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member

Unless I am mistaken, this was being done a couple of years ago and I believe that some bills were passed in congress to prevent the military from destroying its brass. I recall seeing the listings on govliquidation for surplus brass which required that it be mutilated prior to departing DOD control.

So, if congress passed laws preventing this, I would imagine that an EO cannot be used to re-instate this process.

I just don't recall who was involved in getting the bills passed.