Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Do You Have a Responsibility To Fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Do You Have a Responsibility To Fight?

sidecar

My understanding and I might be wrong, is that National Guard from Utah refused to disarm civilians in New Orleans.

If so, then they and Utah sheriffs are cut from the same cloth.

http://www.utahsheriffs.org/USA-Home...20Letter_1.pdf
Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM

I cannot begin to understand what happened and what truly went down after Katrina. Getting information from YouTube and your local biased news organization can be bad for your health. Often times videos are edited and put forth in a manner to sway public opinion against one group or another. Since the military has been glorified in the last several years(and rightfully so), that leaves the police as a target for blame. The actions of few do not taint the large and majority percentage of honorable officers . I cannot attest to specifics as I am so far away and don't really know the truth of orders and ramificafions involved. So I won't and can't form an opinion on the subject.

To me it seems like a lot of people are spoiling for a fight and simply looking for a target. I simply believe it is a fight that isn't gonna happen. Ali vs Tyson-same thing. I just don't see the players being brought in quiet enough and arming/ training and financing a domestic war. The police are hardly able to be the front line on such and endeavor. The military simply has other obligations and technology alone doesn't win a war. Boots in the ground is inevitable. Who would those be? The U.N.? Really ? I cannot see who would sign their force up to take on the U.S. civilian population. We aren't Israel where all have prior military service but its a huge undertaking. Too many people across this nation to deal with.

I am very disappointed in these public officials in Colorado , new York etc as well. These laws are insane. But don't allow the criminals in the shadows to join your cause and dilute your agenda. Most people who want to protect the 2nd and all other amendments of the constitution are law abiding good citizens. There are those that want Armageddon to happen to have an excuse to live out some fantasy. Focus your anger on the people trying to enact the laws. This anti l.e. crap is getting old.
We still have the best nation in the world. Let's not hurry up and start living like animals .
Share your shooting and hunting traditions with your children and keep the legacy going.
I am not giving up any of my guns, and I wouldn't expect you to either. But if someone comes for your guns(whoever that is) will be coming for mine too. And I don't think its going to be able to happen. Unless of course, the U.N. you speak of can come in the night with a tactical response/swat team for each of our houses. That would equate to a coordinated attack of something the world has never seen. The word would spread and people would hide. It would be a huge flop.
There isn't enough war fighters in this hemisphere to take that project on.
The only thing I realistically see happening is mandatory registration and turning in of weapons deemed illegal or face fines/penalties. That's still inneffective.... can you imagine how many weapons would be reported stolen and go missing?
There is no war to fight people . Occupying the U.S. is an unwinnable war. Concentrate on what you can do in your area with education of these nimrod politicians trying to take away OUR rights to bear arms. And calm your irrational fear of enslavement . It ain't happening.
Take your kids hunting.
I'm done rambling.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member

TheNiner, You make some good points but I cannot agree with them all.

"Who would sign sign there force up to take on the US. = Obama would sign this over to possibly the U.N. (He is not for our country)

"It aint happening" With this mindset it very well could "If" everyone thought this way.

Not being smart or rude but have you ever seen a time that our states where so divided ? Our Police officers coming out and saying they will not support our president ?

I would say wake up America . Before you loose every right that you have !
Old 03-13-2013, 07:04 PM

No problem. Debate is good. Maybe we can fix our issues if we figure something out.
You are correct where the states are very divided because of our leadership (or lack thereof). I just have some beliefs (maybe hope) that my brothers and sisters in military/l.e. will not blindly follow orders that most of believe to be illegal. We don't have to.
It makes me cringe anytime a law enforcement figurehead makes ANY kind of stance on anything other than public safety. Let's not kid ourselves...this is about political posturing. Luckily my dept. Has intelligently steered well clear of this issue.
We are for the people....because we are the people. I think it can't happen simply based on logistics. I do not put it past any of these politicians to at least try...but based on their flawed sense of duty, honor and lack of knowledge, I simply don't see them having even 1/3 support to do their evil little bidding.
I don't take offense to a healthy debate. I encourage it. I just have an issue with punks and criminals trying to hide behind the group of patriots/oath upholders/ law abiding/ good all American people slinging hollow threats at law enforcement to get even for a traffic ticket 20 years ago (see YouTube).
I belong to this forum for the knowledge of better hunters/shooters than me with experience to shareand learn from.
Debate is good.
I hope this whole time period is just a minor bump we remember years from now...because it is beyond silly right now. Keep the faith. This too shall pass.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member

The Niner,

Are you an officer ? If so I want to thank you for your service Sir.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:08 PM

Yes. I am a uniformed 'road' officer of a large dept. And I thank you for your support.

Now I'm off to go get my turkey hunting stuff together. I'm bringing a Iraq veteran turkey hunting his first time this spring. We're both pumped for it.

Cheers
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Gold Member

Niner, what part of mid-west you from. I'm in Indiana as you can see, our turkey season draws near also, and thanks for your service as well. Good luck with your hunt.
Rick