Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Do You Have a Responsibility To Fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Gold Member

Re: Do You Have a Responsibility To Fight?

Yes, it would be really interesting to find out exactly who is made of what when the crap hits the fan. This subject was brought up on another forum and a lister there said something to the effect that a bunch of guys with rifles are't going to hold off the united states military. And another lister said, and I quote, "Isn't that what of bunch of old bearded goat herders have been doing for about 10 years?"

In any case, I will be at the head of the line.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Platinum Member

I would ike to draw attention to what has already been said .

" The time for speaking in code is over "

"Are you willing to Die to take my Guns"......

I think we need to be more open to our co workers , friends, church members . Down at the ball field basically anyone that we may come into contact with concerning our 2nd Ammendment rights !

Did Jessy Jackson or Martin Luther King do what they did by setting in the corner and keeping their mouths shut ?? Nope, they believed in something and spoke loudly what they believed .

"We the people" need to speak out and speak up !!!!

I have children so I would not only be fighting for my 2nd Ammendment right but I would be fighting for there 2nd Ammendment as well . If the 2nd falls then America will fall . This is my opinion on the Issue.

I am not afraid to put into print that I will give my life so that my children can enjoy the same freedom that I have had the privalege to enjoy.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
Yes, it would be really interesting to find out exactly who is made of what when the crap hits the fan. This subject was brought up on another forum and a lister there said something to the effect that a bunch of guys with rifles are't going to hold off the united states military. And another lister said, and I quote, "Isn't that what of bunch of old bearded goat herders have been doing for about 10 years?"

In any case, I will be at the head of the line.

Randy
Someone said " that a bunch of guys with rifles aren't going to hold off the unite states military"

Some of those "united states military" will be FULL BLOODED Americans and just might have a BIG problem firing on their own country men .

I see Obama bringing in the UN if an uprising breaks out (just my opinion)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Silver Member

A true patriot once said " Give me liberty or give me death" . I am with that guy.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member

If the Progessives were so bold as to have it came to a state where the decision was to take your guns,I think the reaction from millions of Americans would likely react as this article suggests. Living in a "Blue State", I can assure you that the strategy of the Progressives is not so vulgar. The cowards will use back door methods over an extended period of time to take a small bite at a time. Your rights get chipped away in small chunks so you have no event that will force a major reaction. This is well on it's way in places like NJ, MA, Ca, ect. Now you see the slow death of our rights moving to places like Colorado and Maine, spreading to the rural areas of the country. Example, they won't take your guns, they will make ammo difficult to get. They will cut off supply. The governments plan in the 1800's to eliminate the American Indian began with the elimination of the buffalo, but it was positioned to the American people very differently. If everyone focuses on the "big" event of gun confiscation, they may not see the small actions that are very additive. I think this is why we need to focus very heavily on the smaller actions that will be presented as palatable policies. When they are all added up someday, guns will be an oddity of the past. FIRE any politician that violates our rights and support groups like the NRA. IMHO

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
If the Progessives were so bold as to have it came to a state where the decision was to take your guns,I think the reaction from millions of Americans would likely react as this article suggests. Living in a "Blue State", I can assure you that the strategy of the Progressives is not so vulgar. The cowards will use back door methods over an extended period of time to take a small bite at a time. Your rights get chipped away in small chunks so you have no event that will force a major reaction. This is well on it's way in places like NJ, MA, Ca, ect. Now you see the slow death of our rights moving to places like Colorado and Maine, spreading to the rural areas of the country. Example, they won't take your guns, they will make ammo difficult to get. They will cut off supply. The governments plan in the 1800's to eliminate the American Indian began with the elimination of the buffalo, but it was positioned to the American people very differently. If everyone focuses on the "big" event of gun confiscation, they may not see the small actions that are very additive. I think this is why we need to focus very heavily on the smaller actions that will be presented as palatable policies. When they are all added up someday, guns will be an oddity of the past. FIRE any politician that violates our rights and support groups like the NRA. IMHO
Well stated and underscores the reason we must not yield to ANY form of 2nd Amendment infringement attempted by the opposition and we must not allow division amongst ourselves.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red hunter View Post
A true patriot once said " Give me liberty or give me death" . I am with that guy.
I'm not a goat herder,but I am old and bearded, but still have some fight left in me. Sooo it's +1 for me.