Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Cooper Supports Obama...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Let me try and put this into a perspective that you will be able to understand..

First if Dan Cooper is the partial owner or has an ownership interest in this company even by proxy he will be receiving profits or compensation in one form or another. This might even be possibly from another company that he has an interest in that supplies parts or materials to Cooper Rifles for incorporation into the final product. There are many many ways to get around the “appearance” that one is no longer associated with a private entity. My point is that not everyone is capable of being duped that easily. Please understand that I am not calling you stupid or anything of the sort only naive and not understanding the possible total scope of the issue. Just so you know the reason I am somewhat jaded as my profession has shown some of the aforementioned activities that were alluded to above during fact finding activities done in the past so “this is not this cowboys first rodeo” so to speak.

Not calling you a liberal however, your views on this matter certainly give that outside appearance or one that is naive. I hope this has helped you in some small way!
I know what you are saying and although it may sound like I am naive about these business matters, I am not. I don't know all the ins and outs about it, but I do know that Mr Cooper could retain a relationship with the company in numerous ways. I do believe and hope (maybe naively) that the company would like to sever its ties with Mr Cooper and distance themselves as much as possible. I know how I would feel about it if I were one of the executives or employees... somewhere in the range of numb to outraged. My *guess* is that there are negotiations and legal agreements being arranged while this thread is being posted to. No doubt that Cooper Arms is getting a lot of *suggestions* and *encouragement* via phone and email on a daily basis. I personally believe that they should make themselves as transparent as possible. In the mean time, I have no problem going out and buying a Cooper Rifle tomorrow if I had the funds.

Some of us err on the side of consequences and some of us err on the side of the benefit of the dout... I the latter, especially when the consequences cause such drastic collateral damage. There is probably a benefit to having both sides.

I called the NRA today to see if they had looked into it or were going to make a statement. The representative's reply was that "Dan Cooper had stepped down..." and that they were not planning to make any statements at this point, that they were taking a "look and see what happens" position.

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint Hunter View Post
The issue is not "fear" or "hate" of Dan or Obama. It is an issue of providing financial support to someone who may have a fundamental difference of opinion with you, the consumer. There are many other semi-custom rifle manufacturers who are solidly on the side of American shooters and their collective interests. Dan's actions suggest that he is not.
Oh I think there is a lot of fear running out there and maybe the word *anger* should be used instead of *hate*. As to who is supporting American shooters and their collective interests, I find it very interesting that none of us knew about Dan Cooper's leanings until he was interviewed by USA Today. Have all the execs and employees of these other companies been interviewed and their contributions scrutinized?

Quote:
As to Eaglet's speculation that Dan may be literally CRAZY - well that notion is just...........well crazy. He is obviously quite an ingenious riflesmith with exceptional business skills. He may support Obama but that doesn't make him CRAZY. At least not in the clinical sense of the word.
Well.... a lot of folks would have classified Hitler as both a genious and a mad man as well as many others... a common demominator seems to be pride and ego. I would say that Mr Cooper's endorsement of BHO was professionally suicidal. Is that crazy??? I think it is.

Quote:
Dan made an incredibly poor decision that will have an adverse impact on his company. "Stepping down" is nothing more than a superficial manipulation to minimize the damage caused by his support of a rabidly anti-gun candidate.
MO is that his decision was more than *poor*, it was willfully neglegent meaning it was also premeditated. Who knows what he thought he would gain out of it if anything? Favor with a new administration? Or maybe it was just extremely naive personal conviction that BHO was actually on his side as a shooter, hunter and manufacturer of firearms? Stepping down was a little more than *superficial*. This is a company that he has poured over 20 yrs into. I think that he will eventually become completely severed from it and there will most likely be a company name change, at least I hope so.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Platinum Member

MontanaRifleman,

It was not my intention to get anyone upset.

For whatever is worth, I'm also a NRA life member and fully agree with your line of thinking so far.

At least we can all agree that Obama is not the man we want for president; and that is good!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Oh I think there is a lot of fear running out there and maybe the word *anger* should be used instead of *hate*.
No, "hate" works just fine. :mad: