Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Cooper Supports Obama...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Eaglet, I understood your post very clearly, some folks just get bind with fear, hate or whatever.

Very strange!

If someone does not believe as you do it is due to fear or hate? How about just a different opinion!!!

Personally, I have no, zero, none, nada knowledge about how the Cooper "workers" feel about Obama, or whether the "workers" sent money to Obama too....do you?

Do you work for Cooper, or have friends that do?

My point, and I thought that I was pretty clear before, is given the choice between two companies, I would send my money to the company NOT associated with Obama.

edge.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge View Post
Very strange!

If someone does not believe as you do it is due to fear or hate? How about just a different opinion!!!

Personally, I have no, zero, none, nada knowledge about how the Cooper "workers" feel about Obama, or whether the "workers" sent money to Obama too....do you?

My point, and I thought that I was pretty clear before, is given the choice between two companies, I would send my money to the company NOT associated with Obama.

edge.
Very well put edge---that will be the feeling of 95% or so of the people who will be spending hard earned monies for these kinds of products! Cooper is finished in the Firearms Industry period end of story. No one in their right mind would back a moron like that except some isolated liberal types who just are looking to make a point!!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member

I understand both sides of this. Not sure what to think about the Cooper Firearms Company. I do think that Dan Cooper is a PUTZ!

Steve
Old 11-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge View Post
Very strange!

edge.
Edge, Maybe refering to fear and hate was a little strong but that's the way it came off.

As far knowing how the workers feel, all I can say is that *The Company* posted a statement saying that they do not, repeat, do not agree with Cooper's political views and asked him to resign. And as I said, I will take them on their word based on their statement and action that they do believe in 2nd Admendment priviledges and they do not support BHO.

No, I don't know the workers at Cooper personaly nor do I know the workers at Ruger or Remmington or any of the other US gun makers. If you want to take it to that level then you should interview them all. I'm sure you would find a small percentage in all of them that probably support BHO. If so then maybe you should stop buying guns all together and start making them your self from scratch.

You certainly have the right to spend your money the way you want to, but IMO to boycot the Cooper Company at this point is self defeating to our cause.

It's interesting that the NRA has not come out with a statement on this yet, not that I know of. I think there is still a lot going on behind the scenes as far as the restructuring of Cooper Arms and there will be more to follow.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Very well put edge---that will be the feeling of 95% or so of the people who will be spending hard earned monies for these kinds of products! Cooper is finished in the Firearms Industry period end of story. No one in their right mind would back a moron like that except some isolated liberal types who just are looking to make a point!!
Boss Hoss, I for one will not buy a gun made from Dan Cooper or any company that he owns and I sure hope you are not inplying that I support him because you will not find that in any of my posts. Early on my position was to wait until all the facts were out and give Mr Cooper a chance to speak for himself. That has happened and he is infact an unrepentant Obama supporter Therefore I will not support Mr Cooper. I will however support what is presently known as Cooper Firearms for reasons already stated.

I also hope that you are not implying that I am a liberal, because if you are, you speak from ignorance sir. People who know me, know that I am not a liberal and most importantly I know that I am not a liberal. I am a life member of the NRA and I cherish my 2nd Admentment privildges and I love shooting and hunting. I also do not support Barak Obama nor Dan Cooper. Please dont twist what I say or misrepresent me and I will afford you the same courtesy.

I personally believe that directing our wrath against the company at this point is unfair and unjust and self defeating. And on top of that they make a fine rifle and it would be a shame to see them go under.

We all have uor opinions, and this is mine.

Last edited by MontanaRifleman; 11-03-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member

Let me try and put this into a perspective that you will be able to understand..

First if Dan Cooper is the partial owner or has an ownership interest in this company even by proxy he will be receiving profits or compensation in one form or another. This might even be possibly from another company that he has an interest in that supplies parts or materials to Cooper Rifles for incorporation into the final product. There are many many ways to get around the “appearance” that one is no longer associated with a private entity. My point is that not everyone is capable of being duped that easily. Please understand that I am not calling you stupid or anything of the sort only naive and not understanding the possible total scope of the issue. Just so you know the reason I am somewhat jaded as my profession has shown some of the aforementioned activities that were alluded to above during fact finding activities done in the past so “this is not this cowboys first rodeo” so to speak.

Not calling you a liberal however, your views on this matter certainly give that outside appearance or one that is naive. I hope this has helped you in some small way!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member

The issue is not "fear" or "hate" of Dan or Obama. It is an issue of providing financial support to someone who may have a fundamental difference of opinion with you, the consumer. There are many other semi-custom rifle manufacturers who are solidly on the side of American shooters and their collective interests. Dan's actions suggest that he is not.

As to Eaglet's speculation that Dan may be literally CRAZY - well that notion is just...........well crazy. He is obviously quite an ingenious riflesmith with exceptional business skills. He may support Obama but that doesn't make him CRAZY. At least not in the clinical sense of the word.

Dan made an incredibly poor decision that will have an adverse impact on his company. "Stepping down" is nothing more than a superficial manipulation to minimize the damage caused by his support of a rabidly anti-gun candidate.