Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)


Reply

Cooper Supports Obama...

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #36  
Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,107
Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

Asking Dan Cooper to step down is merely symbolic, even if he "officially" did so.

Dan is entitled to his political opinions and can spend his money any way he wants to. This is America. However, American shooters are not going to take this lightly and they too have the right to respond by spending their money wherever they would like.

Personally, I think this was a very foolish (business) move on Dan's part.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,781
Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

There are some folks here that don't want to hear this, but let's face it, no human being in his right mind would want to hurt his own business on purpose like that; a person has to be besides himself or herself to want to do a thing like that! Now, we're all smart enough to know that, something is very wrong! I don't know how many employees this company has but would it be fair to punish a bunch of families with their children because of the actions of a person that's not in his right mind? I'm a minister not a politician I just care and feel for those families. I would advise that we don't run like an angry mob trying to hurt ourselves and our country any more that it has already been!!!
__________________
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,082
Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
There are some folks here that don't want to hear this, but let's face it, no human being in his right mind would want to hurt his own business on purpose like that; a person has to be besides himself or herself to want to do a thing like that! Now, we're all smart enough to know that, something is very wrong! I don't know how many employees this company has but would it be fair to punish a bunch of families with their children because of the actions of a person that's not in his right mind? I'm a minister not a politician I just care and feel for those families. I would advise that we don't run like an angry mob trying to hurt ourselves and our country any more that it has already been!!!
IMO, buying a product involves many decisions. I have not heard anyone say not to buy a rifle....except perhaps Obama

So why not buy from a company that rifle that supports YOUR values? Afterall, don't the families of other gunsmiths deserve your "care"?

Since you are a minister, would you buy from GM, or Ford if the CEO professed to be a Satan worshiper? I bet that you might decide that the "other" company deserved your money. While this is obviously an extreme oversimplification, I just think that folks don't need to buy from this particular American company!

edge.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,781
Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

You need to re-read my statement and try to understand where I'm coming from! I'm basing all my sayings on the belief that this gentleman is out of his mind. There are thousands of ways to come against my post, but any one that wants to understand it will.
__________________
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 151
Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

Keeping this topic at the top. I hope everyone reads this and tells a buddy about Cooper supporting Obama. I can't believe any gun owner would even think about voting for Obama, but they're out there.
__________________
TheReeper
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,954
Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge View Post
IMO, buying a product involves many decisions. I have not heard anyone say not to buy a rifle....except perhaps Obama

So why not buy from a company that rifle that supports YOUR values? Afterall, don't the families of other gunsmiths deserve your "care"?
So I am a little confused with your post? I plan to do just that... buy from a rifle company that supports my gun values, which is presently known as Cooper Firearms of Montana. Cooper Arms is not Dan Cooper... they asked him to resign, which he did, and expressly and publicly stated they do not share Dan Cooper's political views. I take them for their word and action. I am satisified. If you want to punish the employees of Cooper Arms for Dan Cooper's politicla views, that's your right and choice. It doesn't make much sense to me to punish fellow gun, hunting and shooting enthusiests because of their former boss's actions. Especially in this day and age. In fact, not only is it self destructive to our cause but it makes us look pretty wicked to bystanders to see us devouring our own like this and it sickens me to tell ya the truth

Quote:
Since you are a minister, would you buy from GM, or Ford if the CEO professed to be a Satan worshiper? I bet that you might decide that the "other" company deserved your money. While this is obviously an extreme oversimplification, I just think that folks don't need to buy from this particular American company!

edge.
Excuse me... but "The Company" did not contribute to Obama, Dan Cooper did. Go back and look at all the contributions. they were all from Dan, some in the name of the Company, since at the time he was president, but they were all from him. Why he did it, I don't have a clue... like a lemming running headlong over a cliff. But IT WASN"T THE COMPANY. Why punish them? That's about as sensless and self defeating as what Dan Cooper did by contributing to Obama. Crazy
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
Posts: 5,954
Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
You need to re-read my statement and try to understand where I'm coming from! I'm basing all my sayings on the belief that this gentleman is out of his mind. There are thousands of ways to come against my post, but any one that wants to understand it will.
Eaglet, I understood your post very clearly, some folks just get bind with fear, hate or whatever.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Cooper Supports Obama...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cooper ... What do you all think of Cooper Varmint Rifles?? superlite17 Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 11 06-24-2011 11:44 PM
TED NUDGENT supports PALIN elkguys Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics) 4 10-25-2008 12:08 AM
F&S Writer/his take on Zumbo and he supports AR ban too BountyHunter General Discussion 2 02-23-2007 07:14 PM

Current Poll
Where in the US do you live?
West of the Mississippi River - 60.77%
894 Votes
East of the Mississippi River - 36.91%
543 Votes
On the Mississippi River on a houseboat - 2.31%
34 Votes
Total Votes: 1,471
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC