Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Cooper Supports Obama...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Cooper Supports Obama...

According to the Link supplied by "edge", Dan Cooper donated a total of $5,879.57 on 15 different occasions, per the New York Times as of today, 10/29/2008.

I might buy Coopers explanation if it was a one time event, however, 15 donations ranging from a low of $32.59 to a high of $2,100.00 is hardly a mistake, and No Where did it show even One donation to McCain.

I say his (i.e. Coopers) statement is an attempt to spread the manure to cover up the stink this has stirred up. No More Coopers for Me, thank you very much!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Silver Member

I e-mailed Cooper this morning and told them that I was not going to make ang disparaging remarks about Mr. Cooper, but READ BETWEEN THE LINES. Retired U.S.A.F., retired LEO, NRA member. If anyone else e-mails Cooper, keep it CLEAN. We do not have to lower ourselves to get the point across. Just got a Cabella's e-mail, going to contact them too, as they sell his products. Ron
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

Cooper has now taken down the message posted yesterday on the company website.

Somebody didn't like being caught in the lie!

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Silver Member

I checked the site today. You are right it is off of there.

Here is what I really find sad. It is common sense that Obama does not support our rights to gun ownership.

Why then would a business owner put the future or his business and his employees jobs at risk. On top of that why make up a story that is so easly checked. Its a sure sign of poor judgement. Its also not fair to the employees. They work hard to make a good product and he has no regard for their future. It does not take much today for info to spread. In a depressed economy its an even bigger mistake as people investigate how and where to spend their money.

I will spend my money on a new rifle soon but it wont be a Cooper.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM

Just got this note from Dan Picket of Cooper Arms. i think they have made the adjustments needed.

From Dan Pickett:
Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms.

The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc.

Daily operations will continue with the competent staff currently in place in Stevensville, MT producing the finest, most accurate rifles money can buy.

Dan Cooper has spent all of his working life producing the highest quality rifles built here in the USA. He started with nothing but the American Dream and built that into firearms company anyone would be proud of. We firmly believe Dan stands by the 2nd amendment.
We wish him all of the best in his future pursuits.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Silver Member

I believe he started at Kimber of Montana. He then started Cooper with two guys from Kimber of Montana. He "walked away" from Cooper for three years and then started the current Cooper. This is not the first mistake this guy has made. Check out the about us section of the web site. All of this info is there.

I am glad to hear the company had a board with enough balls to look after the employees and their own investment.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Silver Member

They changed their home page to reflect the change.

Cooper Homepage -> Untitled Document