Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Colorado magazine ban - advice for non residents ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Silver Member

Re: Colorado magazine ban - advice for non residents ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
The problem many out of state folks will face is that even though the federal "transportation act" allows for lawful transportation of firearms through CO, the owners will not be protected if the magazines are considered contraband.

I'm pretty sure that the local sheriff will not be the issue, but one could easily have problems with the state troopers and as we all know, I25 passes right by all of the liberal run cities and there is little sensible alternative to I25 if traveling north/south. Of course if law enforcement finds people avoiding I25, it will not be difficult to control the smaller secondary routes since it is easy to stop people on those more isolated roads in the first place.

Taking a picture of my equipment with my camera (on which I can alter the date any which way I choose) will not constitute "evidence" which will hold up in a court of law. Maybe I need to upload photos to my facebook page, that way they are time stamped in a meaningful way. But of course I could upload any picture, there is no way to connect them with me.... See the dilemma here ? Facebook would probably alter or delete them if requested by law enforcement anyway (it is just a Government spying racket anyway...)

A thought...

Could you print the pictures with the time date on them and carry them over to the sheriff's office and have him date stamp and sign them, then keep them for reference?

Perhaps you could get him to engrave the magazines with the date and his office code?

Doc

"History does not long trust the care of freedom to the weak or timid" Dwight David Eisenhower
Sic Semper Tyrannis...Veritas et Aequitas

Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member

Seems pretty stupid when you think about your Government out to screw lawful citizens!

At any rate, turn on a news station on tv.
Video your lawful items with a news story running in the background with the time and date.

OR

Take pictures and mail via USPS and do not open the envelope.
The postal cancellation is legal proof...certified would even be better...just don't open it unless in the presence of a Judge.

edge.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Bronze Member

Problem solved - I no longer visit Colorado, nor will I do business with Colorado companies.

California, New York and others are on that list as well. About ready to blacklist all the blue states.

When it comes down to it, for a lot more reasons than the Second Amendment, I no longer will have anything to do with libtards and I tell them why.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Gold Member

Historically, both IL and WI were non concealed carry states. If you look at a map and try to figure out how to get from MI to any place out west, it is quite a problem avoiding both of those states. Colorado happens to be both an east/west and North/south corridor that is not easy to avoid.

I have written to the local sheriff in the area I frequent, which as conservative as it gets to look into providing documentation to owners of such items that would have standing in court. So far I have not heard back. Come April I will probably have a face to face meeting with subject contraband in hand.