Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Close but Really Good!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

Close but Really Good!

Nation & World | Local, state gun-control laws at risk | Seattle Times Newspaper

If I read this correctly 'we' the people came out ahead.

The descent really suck'd, logically.....
Old 06-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Close but Really Good!

Roy, your correct we did come out ahead. It is however scary to see 4 Supreme Court Judges against...not a big margin or error. We all know how the libs would like to stack the court and with the current choice which the Senate is having confirmation hearing as we speak, that margin of error could erode...scary ain't it. That's why I tell folks every chance I get to register and vote in all elections not just the presidential election.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Nation & World | Local, state gun-control laws at risk | Seattle Times Newspaper

If I read this correctly 'we' the people came out ahead.

The descent really suck'd, logically.....
Amen! Let's not forget the huge amount of effort, time and $'s it has taken organizations such as the NRA and the Second Ammendment Foundation and several others organizations to bring cases like this and many others to the court system. If it were not for organizations like these and those who support them with time and $ (I hope everyone here does what they can in this regard...) our hunting heritage and the shooting sports would be in quick jeopardy at the hands of many who constantly fight with all their might against what we hold dear. Because of those who constantly fight to take away the true meaning of the 2nd Ammendment, we must not now think the war is won with a decision like this. The 'war' will never be 'won' because of those who will never stop fighting against this very important right. This issue will be a battle in this country as long as this country exists. Become a member of these organizations, write your elected officials in a measured, logical manner, etc.,...don't let up, because those that would take this right away will surely not let up. Jon

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member

Thank you for posting Roy. Im censoring my comments to just say thank you God, and thank you NRA.Chalk 1 up for the good guys. Any more than that and I get too worked up, as some of you have whitnessed (sorry).
Thank you again for posting.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"