Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Choose Your Own Crime Stats ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member

Choose Your Own Crime Stats ...

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Gold Member

Re: Choose Your Own Crime Stats ...

There you go. A voice of reason. The only problem with that is that about half of America really isn't interested in the truth, reason or logic. These are interesting times we're in. Hope you know the Lord.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member

Well said...am forwarding to folks. Thanks.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member

Lead me to this one which........well Nugent was funny
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Gold Member

I gotta hand it to Piers Morgan. He's more than willing to invite a guest in to hand him his own backside.

Breitbart's Ben Shapiro: 2nd Amendment Is For Protection Against Usurpatious Government - YouTube!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Gold Member

I don't personally think the need for the so called "average citizen" to own a semi-auto rifle also called an "assault rifle" is to fight of the invasion of their own government. How about the fact that they are one of the most effective weapons for varmint hunting, competitive shooting, and recreational shooting. When my dad gave me an SKS "assault rifle" along with my 4 brothers for Christmas when were were teenagers I don't recall any of us shooting up schools or theaters. As a matter of fact we had to obey the law that prevented us from attaching our bayonets. That bayonet law sure saved a lot of people. Of all the video clips I've watched lately I thought Mr. Shapiro did the best job until he gave that reason for citizens owning assault rifles. He was the kind of spokesperson we need. Nugent telling him to suck on his muzzle is not doing us much good. The other guy I saw on that show the other day that was yelling and slamming his fists down while I agree with his comments came off as a mad man. If your going to debate you need to stick to the facts and not get emotional. No one is going to listen to a crazy man. Mr Morgan understands this and comes off looking like the rational one even though he can't answer our questions and avoids the truth. I appreciate anyone who stands up for my right to own firearms but it would be nice to see someone who could debate like Mr. Morgan or President Obama. They are not good for much if you ask me but they sure as hell can stand up there spitting out BS and sell it to the public. We need to choose our reps carefully.

Just my opinion.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

ok here

Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe