Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

It cant happen in America right...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Silver Member

It cant happen in America right...

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/molon...illiam-ansell/

Makes ya wonder......... We all must stay united on this. Thanks to all who remain active. I think were in for a hell of a fight here folks.

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Silver Member

Re: It cant happen in America right...

As a side note ill adjust my tin foil hat........on a serious note, where we are right now is how it started in Austraila.....

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Bronze Member

Could it happen here? It would be foolish to think it COULDN'T. The next couple weeks will see a whirlwind of new gun legislation being introduced. We all know the usual suspects. The one to pay attention to is Feinstein's bill. If it doesn't see the light of day, there's hope. I'm thinking there will be several politicians that sign on though, and in the end, we will see exactly how close we have come to the confiscation scheme.

Feinstein's bill would eliminate the manufacture of a lot of popular firearms, and force registration on those in private hands, also making them non-transferable. That means confiscation in the end, but the government is also not very patient. Once they have the names of the owners, it's easy to go collect them.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 AM
Silver Member

And the whirlwind has begun...... Not only will feinstein be introducing her bill, there were 10 bills introduced in the house by Democrats on the first day of 113 congress.

Ten gun bills on Congress's first day - The Hill's Floor Action

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...lls/?mobile=wp

Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Silver Member

Hmm was wonderin when he'd get around to this

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President. (H.J.Res. 15) - GovTrack.us

Legislation introduced to repeal term limit for president......

Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member

The new world leader right? The hell with that!
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Gold Member

There was rumor that was going to happen. What a joke.
Haven't heard it in the press, now, have ya?
Am writing an email to Rep. Jose' Serrano as we speak.................

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen