Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Can anyone recommend an attorny....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Can anyone recommend an attorny....

If he can't afford his own attorney the state will appoint one. Do not go it alone. Sounds like they charged him w/attempt to commit a felony (aluminum cans) but then charged him w/possesion of firearm during the commission of a felony. Attempt and commission are not the same...just an example of why a lawyer is best...they look f/inconsistencies.

I agree with you on libys and idiots that run California...and I don't want to insult your friend but, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you don't carry a pistol let alone loaded into California.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member

as the saying goes... a person who is representing himself has a fool for a client.

let the experts handle it.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member

Contact this good gentleman. J. Jeffries Goodwin, JD, Attorney at Law, Goodwin Law Corporation, 2300 Bell Executive Lane, Sacramento CA 95825, 916 929-6000, fax is 916 929-5137.

Mr. Goodwin is an experienced attorney for firearms charges, has intimate knowledge and actively pushes back against Sacramento legislation against firearms. He is a Safari Club International member and teaches Hunter Safety locally.

At the least he could recommend a local guy for you.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

update.......he has already gone to court once over this with an attorney he hired from the area. last i heard they had dropped the charges concerning the aluminum cans and were dropping the gun charges to misdemeanors. Bad news is it has cost him over $15,000 so far before any fines. They are having to sell the house they owned there to pay for this.

What part of "shall not be infringed " dont they understand out there? AJ
Old 04-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member

15k and it probably ain't over yet...man what an expensive lesson.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdinger View Post
......In the Barstow California area that handles gun related crimes? My buddy just got arrested for the heinous crime of smuggling aluminum cans into the state, and during the arrest a loaded .22 pistol was found in his vehicle. He is now charged with conspiracy to commit grand theft, loaded weapon in a vehicle, and having a loaded weapon during the commission of a felony. If anyone has a name and number of a good attorny in the area i would sure appreciate the help. AJ
The good guys get nailed and the bad guys get a free lunch...Sorry to hear about your friend.

The bad guys broke into my shop a month ago, kicked the door in, stole tools and two motorcycles. Two weeks later, the cops caught one of them in a stolen car. The cops then went to their house and found several other stolen cars, stolen guns, tools, other motorcycles and my motorcycles (one of which was on the dudes back yard deck.)

I got my bikes back, but not the tools. Apprently, the cops could not gain entry into the house where my tools were because the thief was just a room mate. The judge would not give them a search warrent cause the thief was not on title with the house.

Two days later, the thief was out of bail working his back yard on other cars. My friend is his next door neighbor. Apparently he caught them stealing stuff from him and he beat the %@&$ out of him. Three of his other neighbors have had break ins as well. In fact one of the neighbors had one of them at gun point and they broke away and ran.

It is sad to hear stories like your friends when the real criminals enjoy our freedoms and they continue their ways even after getting caught.

kz
Old 04-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Platinum Member

kellyzier, good to hear you got your bikes back. Another good reason to own guns.