Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Can anyone recommend an attorny....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Can anyone recommend an attorny....

I believe you can look up NRA recommened lawyers. Don't remember if it is on there site. Can he get a lawyer from Colorado to take the case?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member

lawyers generally charge from office to office. SO his bill is going to be huge if he has to pay them to travel much. I'd try to get the best attorney he can that is reasonably close to the court he needs to attend.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member

The defendent can get a lawyer from whatever state he chooses so long as that lawyer is licensed to practice in California and in good standing with the California courts. Unless there was some compelling reason to have an out of state attorney...like the defendent knows this particular lawyer can work miracles then I think it's best to go with a reputable lawyer within the general jurisdiction who is intimitly familar with those judges that may hear the case. It goes without saying but, Ideally this attorney should be familar with and litigated such cases.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

i agree.....thats why i was inquiring. i thought maybe soemone from there might know of one to reccomend, otherwise it will be just pick one from the yellow pages. my advise to him was to get an appointment with the DA and try to get him to reduce these charges to misdemeanors and let him pay a fine. all this over a garbage can full of alluminum ... what a joke....AJ
Old 01-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Gold Member

post script:

he did contact the NRA (he is a life member) and all they did was say"yeah, them californians is cranky about guns" and they said they could reccomend a lawyer in LA.....i thought they could do better than that. AJ
Old 01-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member

dogdinger, NRA recommending a lawyer in LA I would think is better than the yellow pages especially if the lawyer they reccomend they have used or are familar with. Couple of questions:

-Beyond a reccomendation: what did you think the NRA should do.?

-Aluminum cans: misdemeanor or felony and what degree?

-Loaded concealed pistol: Felony what degree?
Old 01-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Gold Member

a lawyer commuting from LA @ 200 bucks an hr would cost him everything he has in the world....

i believe the charges are all felonies. the charge as i understand it is Conspiracy to commit grand theft, even though he never sold the cans.

the first gun charge was "loaded gun in a vehicle"

second charge was " having a gun during the commision of a felony" IE: smuggling alluminum cans

i think if it were me i would defend myself at a jury trial and count on getting sensible people on the jury. (if there are any in CA)

be aware that this is what you get when you elect liberals and idiots to run a state. i know i am preaching to the choir, but we need to take our country back from this kind of injustice. AJ