Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

California Hunters Wake Up Call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 11:35 AM

California Hunters Wake Up Call

I would like to know what how this lead ban got through without so much as a mention from our pro-hunting legislative groups like California Waterfowl Association...were they even aware of the proposed ban on lead for varmint and deer hunting, etc.? When dove hunting was threatened, everyone jumped on the band wagon and fought it...including Calif. Waterfowl Association. It is just another foot in the door for the anti-hunters. California hunters need to contact their congress members and groups like NRA, California Waterfowl Association, SCI, and the Calif. Fish & Game Commission. Tell them that hunting in California is being threatened and that means their pocketbooks and their jobs, too!
Hunters have the power! Just speak up!! If the hunters go away in California, so do the wildlife refuges and other wild areas because anti-hunters won't foot the bill for the upkeep and non-hunters certainly don't pay to use the refuges, etc. There will be no jobs for the people that work in those places because they won't have the income from hunters and truthfully, there will be no reason for those jobs to exist. The government can't afford the upkeep of the refuges and wildlife areas.

The lead-ban is in areas where the California Condor lives...which, it appears, is practically the entire state of California...just the perfect vehicle for anti-hunters! California is the perfect place to start! Wake up California hunters! Use your power!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

CaliforniaGirl,

Welcome aboard.

I don't know who you are but I sure do like your attitude!!!!!!

Girl, huh? I'm bettin' 'woman'. Maybe some of your moxy could rub off on some of the 'boys' around here and they'd go up a rung to be men.;)

Good luck on your quest.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 PM

California Hunters Wake-up Call

Okay, I admit it...I AM WOMAN! I love to hunt...wild hogs, deer, elk, ducks, doves, etc. etc. Hunting in California is being destroyed by our legislators...who obviously are are sneekier than the Nike factory! The California hunters need to call their congresspersons! (See? Even I can be politically correct!) Tell them they don't like the way they do business. Know what they did? The wrote the bill for the "condor area" then, behind everyone's backs (stabbed with a butcher's knife no doubt) they tagged on another part that basically said, oh, by the way, it is now the ENTIRE state of California. Hunters in California need to tell the Terminator that we will not buy hunting, fishing, or any other friggin' licenses if they don't stop the insanity! Let them figure out who else will pay their salaries...they already have a freeze on Cal. DFG hiring and maybe salaries. If there are no hunters, there will be no Fish and Game Commission...no state refuges...they will loose all that income. After you tell them you are not going to buy any more licenses, take all your lead bullets and throw them out on top of a dead cow that is laying out somewhere along the a country road! Keep 'em confused! "Hmmm, they aren't shooting lead any more, but the condors are still getting lead from somewhere! Better stop making pencils!!!! Stop the presses...make a law! NO PENCILS IN CALIFORNIA!!" What a bunch of lead-bellied sap sucking tree huggers! DUH! :eek:

(I will post the rest of my replys on the other post as I accidentally started two posts when I was just a "beginning" member! :o I've been here two days and have learned from my mistakes. )