Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

California Hunters Wake Up Call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 01:34 AM

California Hunters Wake-up Call

Hi Moman,

Man, I must have been snoozing last year because I do not remember hearing anything about this...the Terminator actually signed it in 2007! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Maybe nobody was talking about it because nobody really cares. Is it just me? Am I being a whiny crybaby?
Anywho...Take a look at the California Fish and Game website. I know I (slightly ) exaggerated that it was the entire state, but they have my dander up! As far as I and my hunting friends are concerned, it may as well be! Zones A, D7, D8, D9, D10, D11, and D13! And, I suppose the other bullet companies besides Barnes, will have to start making non-lead bullets...better buy stock in Barnes this year!
I see things on the internet that say it was a "hotly contested " bill, but I have to tell you, I work for an organization that is very much in the hunting circle and if there was anything being hotly contested, I am sure I would have heard SOMETHING! I've have to work during the day...I don't have time to surf the internet looking for this kind of information....I wish I did, but I don't. At night, I barely have time to say hello to my husband. I get most of my news from the radio...where most conservatives get their news...one would think that would have been a good place to start to get the word out. Of course, everyone out here is afraid to say anything that could be taken as "you just don't care about wildlife! " Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I guess I'd better start setting aside time at work to look at the California Dept. of Fish & Game website. To see the maps and a copy of AB821, go to DFG - Hunting - Get the Lead Out (Protecting the Condor) .
They titled their page: "Attention Hunters: Get The Lead Out!"
:eek:

Old 03-07-2008, 10:11 AM

California Hunters Wake Up Call - Special Message

Hi Guys...

My husband John, a.k.a. 101, is a long-time reader and fan of Long Range Hunting, but he has never joined as a member. He loves this site and reads it every day, so I thought it would be fitting, and I hope you don't mind, if I take the time to wish him happy anniversary where he is most likely to see it.

"Happy Anniversary John! Love you! Let's go pig hunting this weekend to celebrate!" :p

Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Silver Member

please refer to my posts in the blackpowder section