Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Bob Costas air gun ban rant during NFL game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Gold Member

Re: Bob Costas air gun ban rant during NFL game

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
I may of course with " your blessing " start a twitter account called Stupidist! I would like to embrace this philosopy.
You certainly have my blessing.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Platinum Member

........of course being a life member in the NRA and on their e-mail list, I was instantly bombarded with all sorts of rebuttals from th NRA. To which....

IMO, my personal opinion, it's past time for firearms, in general, to be un-catergorized as the tools to kill innocent people. It's the person using the tool, not the tool thats destructive and that applies to any physical object, not just firearms.

The problem is, at some point, all this will directly affect the sport we all love to participate in and not in a positive manner either.

I think back to Kelly Macmillan and that fiasco as just the tip of the iceberg.

BTW, if this post flies in the face of the users agreement, Len can pull it. I understand perfectly. I'm really fed up with the tack the media has taken and the current administration has fostered concerning firearms in general. Just because I'm a responsible gun owner, CCW permit carrier and FFL holder, don't make me a second class citizen, in fact, it makes me a very scrutinized citizen.

I don't agree with whats occuring but other than a single vote, I feel powerless to stop it and, from the outcome of the past election, it appears that the majority of citizens in this country favor the current tack......

I guess we all better enjoy them (firearms) while we can. Legal firearm ownership appears to be a finite thing.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member

Exactly sidecarflip, i hammer can be used to pound in nails, but with misuse it can be used to pound in skulls.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Bronze Member

Per Costas the great "If Jovan Belcher didnt posess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today". If I didnt posess a spoon I wouldnt be FAT!!!. These death's are a TRAGEDY! But that gun was no more responsible for those deaths than my wifes fine china is to my cholesteral. May they rest in peace. I guess I can believe he would take advantage of the air time and voice his ignorant opinion. I will from here forward boycott any broadcast this idiot is on. And will listen on the radio if need be. Most games are better "watched" that way anyhow.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

did he say anything about the DUI murder?