Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Bob Costas air gun ban rant during NFL game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Bronze Member

Bob Costas air gun ban rant during NFL game

During the half-time show on the last Sunday Night Football show commentor Bob Costas states he agrees with gun ban. He quoted from an article published by sports journalist Jason Whitlock regarding the recent murder-suicide commited by a Kansas City Chiefs black player. Whitlock a black man states "The NRA is the new KKK" in an absolutely absurd report he blames the gun in a racist rant causing this player to murder his girlfriend then commit suicide. They portray the player as a poor victim of "America's gun culture". However they forgot to leave out that just the night before the player took another woman he also identified as his "girlfriend" out to dinner got drunk and fell asleep in his car outside this other women's apartment. Police found him and he went inside and spent the rest of the night with the other women. I hope every other citizens do as I did and email Bob Costas, Jason Whitlock, NBC and NFL Commisiner Bob Goodle telling them we are boycoting and express your outrage. Comparing law abiding gun owners to the KKK is unbelieveable. Nothing is being said about domestic violence, cold blooded murder. Only the sadness and loss of this player and how the gun is responsible.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Bob Costas air gun ban rant during NFL game

I saw that rant and my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe he voiced his personal view? He forgot to mention OJ butchering his wife and another person though? So I wonder how he feels about knife control? I think baseball bats could be on the list at some point.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member

It kills me that these idiotic people think guns are evil. It's the people that commit murder and other horrible crimes that are to blame. Like the old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Doesn't matter how many gun laws these morons try to get passed, the bad people will always have guns. It will just make it that much harder for myself and other law abiding citizens to protect our children and loved ones.

Nathan
Old 12-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etisll40 View Post
I saw that rant and my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe he voiced his personal view? He forgot to mention OJ butchering his wife and another person though? So I wonder how he feels about knife control? I think baseball bats could be on the list at some point.
Dont forget cars, and ladders..... Yet they legalize marijuana .

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Dont forget cars, and ladders..... Yet they legalize marijuana .

+1.......... yet they are the intellectuals ??

They pass laws for alcohol and millions of dollars spent on court costs and hospital bills due to DUI. Drunk drivers have taken peoples lives . So if there thinking is correct then why dont they jump up and down to have ALL cars taken away ?? (whats the difference)?

The thug will always get his dope booze and gun.
I refuse to let go of mine !
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

I'll have to be somewhat "polite" here but Costas and Whitlock are just plain idiots. Period.
If you want to read some comments about what Whitlock had said, go to the FOX sports website and I actually found it amazing that most folks who replied to him were very supportive of the gun issue.
Bill O'Rielly of the O'Reilly factor just said tonight that Costas will be on his show tomorrow night to "explain" what he said and why he said it. Yeah, well, whatever.
It seems nowadays that if you disagree with anyone, you are a racist, a sexist or a right wing gun toting wacko. My other half and I invented a new word over the weekend because we felt that we needed something to describe how we feel about certain people. We are now referring to ourselves as "stupidists." We are against stupid people. And Bob Costas is stupid.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member

I may of course with " your blessing " start a twitter account called Stupidist! I would like to embrace this philosopy.