Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)


Reply

Black Rhino

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,898
Re: Black Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
Since when is it sustainable to continuously expand national and provincial game reserves by buying up surrounding private land at market value and then installing infrastructure (game fencing) and increasing resources to manage it ? Where must the cash come from ?

Your ignorance of the incredible job that has been done on conservation in sub Saharan Africa (commonly known to be the finest example in the world) just reveals how shallow your knowledge on the topic is.

Why don't you start a voluntary euthanasia group, get congress to make it legal and plan your own extermination as soon as possible. It sounds like you hate people, after all...

Im not saying to kill off the american people...we arent crowding the Big 5 1 iota...and no one has to BUY any property when it was already the property of that countrys government.....look at the USA and see how much western land STILL belongs to "Uncle Sam" because it was his when this country was started.

My so called ignorance as you put it comes from reading every piece of printed material can...seeing each and every documentary on the subject(s) that every ben publicized and so forth...but lets related the subject to YOUR ignorance. Where would the $$ come from.... It would come out of the pockets of all the TOURIST that can get to those countrys to WATCH the animals "do their thing"...and they see them over and over again because someone hasnt put a bullet in their brain

Last edited by Sully2; 01-23-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near Napoleon,MI
Posts: 997
Re: Black Rhino

So if the animals are all being killed off as you say, why do you suppose that scientists who work for the governments involved are the ones who say that the cull is necessary to prevent destruction of habitat ? Bearing in mind that liberal idiots are the only thing standing between the people managing the herd and their ability to turn culled animals into cash to pay for conservation, rangers to help with poaching, aircraft for spotting, drones etc.

If the culls do not take place the quality of the parks will degrade, animals will starve from over grazing and LESS tourists will visit the parks. Circling the drain, so to speak. So the rangers have to cull the animals and are unable to earn anything from that activity unless they sell the hunt itself. Its not what they would choose to do, but they have to get money from somewhere. Numbers or tourists is more driven by the price of the plane ticket, economy at home and the perception of safety and security, than anything else. There is nowhere else to go to get a similar experience - period. From that point of view, you can see more animals now than at any time since the colonial era. And that you cannot blame on the natives. They never had cattle prior to the arrival of the white man and lived in harmony with nature just like the native people in North America.

The problem is that the natives now want to live like americans. A consumption driven society is clearly not the friend of natural resources. The people on this site are the minority of Americans who are personally involved and care deeply about having wild life in the US. But to do so and participate requires disposable income. That is something that the natives in sub saharan africa do not have much of. They are at a completely different station in life compared to the tourists who are shuttled into and out of their national parks, which are very large areas compared to what one has here in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Im not saying to kill off the american people...we arent crowing the Big 5 1 iota...and no one has to BUY any property when it was already the property of that countrys government.....look at the USA and see how much western land STILL belongs to "Uncle Sam" because it because his when this country was started.

My so called ignorance as you put it comes from reading every piece of printed material can...seeing each and every documentary on the subject(s) that every ben publicized and so forth...but lets related the subject to YOUR ignorance. Where would the $$ come from.... It would come out of the pockets of all the TOURIST that can get to those countrys to WATCH the animals "do their thing"...and they see them over and over again because someone hasnt put a bullet in their brain
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,898
Re: Black Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
So if the animals are all being killed off as you say, why do you suppose that scientists who work for the governments involved are the ones who say that the cull is necessary to prevent destruction of habitat ? Bearing in mind that liberal idiots are the only thing standing between the people managing the herd and their ability to turn culled animals into cash to pay for conservation, rangers to help with poaching, aircraft for spotting, drones etc.

If the culls do not take place the quality of the parks will degrade, animals will starve from over grazing and LESS tourists will visit the parks. Circling the drain, so to speak. So the rangers have to cull the animals and are unable to earn anything from that activity unless they sell the hunt itself. Its not what they would choose to do, but they have to get money from somewhere. Numbers or tourists is more driven by the price of the plane ticket, economy at home and the perception of safety and security, than anything else. There is nowhere else to go to get a similar experience - period. From that point of view, you can see more animals now than at any time since the colonial era. And that you cannot blame on the natives. They never had cattle prior to the arrival of the white man and lived in harmony with nature just like the native people in North America.

The problem is that the natives now want to live like americans. A consumption driven society is clearly not the friend of natural resources. The people on this site are the minority of Americans who are personally involved and care deeply about having wild life in the US. But to do so and participate requires disposable income. That is something that the natives in sub saharan africa do not have much of. They are at a completely different station in life compared to the tourists who are shuttled into and out of their national parks, which are very large areas compared to what one has here in the US.

They would certainly destroy the habitat they live in because there isnt enough habitat. More and more animals are crowded into less and less space. And never forget this.... The people that inhabit those countrys were on this planet AT LEAST 1 millon years prior to there even becoming a USA. We have gotten where we are....like it of not. The fact that they havent "made it" doesnt mean as humans we can destroy all the wildlife in those countrys because someone HERE says its OK...they will flourish when culled.. HA!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 28
Re: Black Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Show me one single thing that has been created or vastly improved in the area south of the Sahara to the northern tip of South America......Nothing...NOTHING EVER....so why do we promote people to live there and kill off wildlife?
Uh........ Sahara is in Africa. South America is a different continent completely.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near Napoleon,MI
Posts: 997
Re: Black Rhino

Where do you come up with this falsehood ? The boundaries of the national parks are fixed in most cases. Crowding is a relative term. Space is not the problem. It is carrying capacity and rainfall. Other than central africa (war zone - they are trying to fulfill your anti human mandate) the area is generally rather arid, in some cases extremely arid. Plants and trees grow slowly and regeneration is slower still. The people responsible for sustainable management of wildlife there are not under any delusions regarding funding or the course of nature. Their decisions regarding culls are driven by wildlife count, observation of weather patterns, knowledge of persistent drought status, actual observance of overgrazing (particularly for elephant which can permanently modify a habitat).

I fail to see what qualifies YOU to make the kind of criticism directed at people who have chosen to devote their life to conservation and who are living on site and earning considerably less money than the average American ? THEY know what is going on and are aware how it has developed over decades. YOU are simply reading the propaganda of the liberal media which always knows better, regardless of the subject and the level of expertise is directly proportional to the distance from the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
They would certainly destroy the habitat they live in because there isnt enough habitat. More and more animals are crowded into less and less space. And never forget this.... The people that inhabit those countrys were on this planet AT LEAST 1 millon years prior to there even becoming a USA. We have gotten where we are....like it of not. The fact that they havent "made it" doesnt mean as humans we can destroy all the wildlife in those countrys because someone HERE says its OK...they will flourish when culled.. HA!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 28
Re: Black Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
Where do you come up with this falsehood ?
I think you missed this part..... It's tough to read I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
My so called ignorance as you put it comes from reading every piece of printed material can...seeing each and every documentary on the subject(s) that every ben publicized and so forth...but lets related the subject to YOUR ignorance.


I'm not sure I've seen someone profess their intelligence in such an incoherent way.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,898
Re: Black Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by hynes57 View Post
Uh........ Sahara is in Africa. South America is a different continent completely.
South America was a typo...but Id have thought you could figure out where it was I was meaning...but then again......
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 34.32%
116 Votes
NO - 48.52%
164 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 17.16%
58 Votes
Total Votes: 338
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC