Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

And it begins......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Bronze Member

And it begins......

No commentary needed - article speaks for itself!

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...lds-rifle.html
Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Silver Member

Re: And it begins......

Good for this guy!

-The flexibility of your adaptability is the true measure of your intelligence-
Old 03-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member

Yup, saw it on the news. Man, oh, man. As the title says, it is only beginning.........

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member

I'm not one who like the idea at all of suing someone, but that may be one of the only things that will make the municipality and state take notice and perhaps change. If this guy sues, as mentioned might happen in the last part of the article, we should all contribute to his cause. I hope we are getting the whole story--too many things personally involved with have been so wrongly reported.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 AM
SPONSOR

If he sues, they'll just make a law exempting these agencys and others from litigation (being sued). It wasn't smartest thing to do, posting on Facebook, to begin with.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortgrass View Post
If he sues, they'll just make a law exempting these agencys and others from litigation (being sued). It wasn't smartest thing to do, posting on Facebook, to begin with.
Why wasn't it the smartest thing to do. A lot of people use Facebook like a photo album that they can share with friends. He shared a picture of his son on his Facebook, and they came after him. He had every right to do what he did. I know I have pictures of my 3 year old and I shooting his bb gun on mine. It's just ridiculous.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupper View Post
Why wasn't it the smartest thing to do. A lot of people use Facebook like a photo album that they can share with friends. He shared a picture of his son on his Facebook, and they came after him. He had every right to do what he did. I know I have pictures of my 3 year old and I shooting his bb gun on mine. It's just ridiculous.
Agreed. I don't facebook at all, but there's nothing at all wrong with what he did. In this culture, suing is about the only tool u have. If you win, some folks take notice. If he sues, I believe he could make a very compelling constitutional argument and that is one huge shortcoming in this country is that many folks don't know and appreciate less, their constitution. A suit like this might make some folks wake up and see what is happening--how far polictical correctness and the like have taken us from the constitution. This society is supposed to be politically based, founded and anchored on the US Constitution, not the 'trends' of the day... I would suggest all of us read it--and the ammendments.

Most government agencies cannot be made to be exempt from suits anymore. Case law over the years had almost completely eroded that once held idea.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl