Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Background Checks for Al Qeada?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Bronze Member

Background Checks for Al Qeada?

Background Checks for Al Qaeda?

Recent news reports tell us that the Obama administration’s response to the Syrian government’s use of nerve gas on their population (you will recall the mythical “Red Line”) is to supply “the rebels” with small arms.

Pardon me, but the term “small arms” generally relates to fully automatic, no kidding assault weapons (i.e. machine guns).

My confusion arises from listening to the constant drum beat of the anti-gun lobby and our political left that the Second Amendment (and the American population’s ownership of small arms) can in no way be used to throw off the yoke of tyranny… just pure nonsense. Now we see the Obama administration is acknowledging that the most logical choice in aiding this oppressed people is with the use of small arms.

Not only will they be receiving top-of-the-line fully automatic, no kidding, real assault weapons and ammunition but there will be no registration or background checks required prior to their distribution!

I have only a few questions for our Most Transparent One:
Are we about to send arms to Al Qaeda?
Will these weapons eventually be turned on Americans?
Pray tell, why can they defend themselves but not us?
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter can not be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

Col. Jeff Cooper
Old 06-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Background Checks for Al Qeada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
Background Checks for Al Qaeda?

Recent news reports tell us that the Obama administration’s response to the Syrian government’s use of nerve gas on their population (you will recall the mythical “Red Line”) is to supply “the rebels” with small arms.

Pardon me, but the term “small arms” generally relates to fully automatic, no kidding assault weapons (i.e. machine guns).

My confusion arises from listening to the constant drum beat of the anti-gun lobby and our political left that the Second Amendment (and the American population’s ownership of small arms) can in no way be used to throw off the yoke of tyranny… just pure nonsense. Now we see the Obama administration is acknowledging that the most logical choice in aiding this oppressed people is with the use of small arms.

Not only will they be receiving top-of-the-line fully automatic, no kidding, real assault weapons and ammunition but there will be no registration or background checks required prior to their distribution!

I have only a few questions for our Most Transparent One:
Are we about to send arms to Al Qaeda?
Will these weapons eventually be turned on Americans?
Pray tell, why can they defend themselves but not us?
It's ok, because it's "Not in my Backyard" logic. Also they are taking the weapons out of the US, so lawful citizens can't buy them.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Platinum Member

Yes they will eventually be used against us. Happens about every time we "aid" a country.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Member

Gee, that flies in the face of the UN Arms Treaty that Obama endorses. Typical of the 2 faced bastard.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member

Agreed, you are talking about a government that gives arms to Mexican Cartels (terrorists...and look at how that turned out, used against us) and then tries to take the same types of weapons away from it's citizens.
I love my country but don't like the path it's leaders are taking us down.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

Will ber interesting I'm sure.