Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 03:17 AM

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

Greetings,

I am brand new to the forum. As my first posting, I thank you for the informative video and I have submitted my letter to congress. I have posted your video on my personal social accounts as well as elected to subscribe to your youtube channel. Thank you Jeff!

Spaniard
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
Greetings,

I am brand new to the forum. As my first posting, I thank you for the informative video and I have submitted my letter to congress. I have posted your video on my personal social accounts as well as elected to subscribe to your youtube channel. Thank you Jeff!

Spaniard
Spaniard, Welcome to Long Range Hunting. Thanks for sending the letter and sharing the video. But I want to make it clear that video was passed on to me by some other gun owners and I just shared it here. It is not mine, but I do however find it a good source of current info.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 01-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member

NRA-ILA | Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

Just like the posted video, the above link states how Feinsteins bill will require gun registration, which has historically been a prelude to confiscation, which is precisely the 'step by step' point of such legislation. Remember the often told story of the frog in a pot of water where the water temp was raised so slowly that the frog didn't notice and eventually it was killed by the warm water? Feinstein and other lawmakers like her (Obama) want nothing less than total confiscation--REGARDLESS of what they say--look at their voting records from early on. Obama, especially, is a master at half-truths, otherwise known as a lie, as least as far as the 'low-information' masses in this country is concerned. If you've done your homework, you realize how obvious his efforts are.

He'll patronize the less informed supporters of the 2nd Ammendment by saying he supports firearms for hunting, as he did in the last presidential debate, while completely and falsely reframing the 2nd Ammendment argument. The more the masses hear from public figures that the 2nd Ammendment is falsely about hunting, the more we lose true, informed support for the 2nd while these masses believe a lie and their freedom erodes--and they don't even know it. Don't be deceived.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Joseph Goebbels - Nazi propagandist

The above tactic is in full use around the world.

Faith and Freedom Network Blog

Above is a well written article, with quotes from Obama, in part, about the hypocrisy of the liberal elites regarding gun control and their typically ingrained philosophy which precludes a true discussion about the origins and cause of violence. Well worth a few minutes to read. One of many tidbits from the above link:

"Here's the quote from Gandhi's own autobiography: 'Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest'" (page 446).

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl

Last edited by jmden; 01-05-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Silver Member

It seems Adolph Hitler did this in the mid 30s..

Gun politics in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have 13 years in the service. My favoret line in the oath is "that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic" when will society reconize that we are under attack by our own government.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

When their doors get kicked in by federal agents
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Gold Member

Amen, but by then it's too late.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
NRA-ILA | Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

Just like the posted video, the above link states how Feinsteins bill will require gun registration, which has historically been a prelude to confiscation, which is precisely the 'step by step' point of such legislation. Remember the often told story of the frog in a pot of water where the water temp was raised so slowly that the frog didn't notice and eventually it was killed by the warm water? Feinstein and other lawmakers like her (Obama) want nothing less than total confiscation--REGARDLESS of what they say--look at their voting records from early on. Obama, especially, is a master at half-truths, otherwise known as a lie, as least as far as the 'low-information' masses in this country is concerned. If you've done your homework, you realize how obvious his efforts are.

He'll patronize the less informed supporters of the 2nd Ammendment by saying he supports firearms for hunting, as he did in the last presidential debate, while completely and falsely reframing the 2nd Ammendment argument. The more the masses hear from public figures that the 2nd Ammendment is falsely about hunting, the more we lose true, informed support for the 2nd while these masses believe a lie and their freedom erodes--and they don't even know it. Don't be deceived.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Joseph Goebbels - Nazi propagandist

The above tactic is in full use around the world.

Faith and Freedom Network Blog

Above is a well written article, with quotes from Obama, in part, about the hypocrisy of the liberal elites regarding gun control and their typically ingrained philosophy which precludes a true discussion about the origins and cause of violence. Well worth a few minutes to read. One of many tidbits from the above link:

"Here's the quote from Gandhi's own autobiography: 'Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest'" (page 446).
jmden,

I read the Faith and freedom network blog . very good read . I tried to print it off but the pages were blank . i was going to take it to work and let all the Obama fans read it .