Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

Thank you Jeff for posting the link , it took me about 4 minutes to get my letter sent . I made sure to let them know that I always vote and I will follow there decision and if I see that they favor the ban in any way then I will do my best to vote them OUT the next time !
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Silver Member

Location: NY, #50 on the all time best States to live in! and droppin' fast! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Maybe you need to mail a few, write letters to the editor or what have you, hell last time Denny Reberg got back to me quick, but now that the elections are over........
Joe,

My Senators (I say that with tougne in cheek), Chuck Schumer and Kirstem Gillabrand only seem to represent the left and couldn't care less about anyone who isn't fully supportive of their agendas. The only other way to attract their attention is to carry a camera while wearing a PRESS badge.

Pete
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Broz

filled out, signed, sent.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
Joe,

My Senators (I say that with tougne in cheek), Chuck Schumer and Kirstem Gillabrand only seem to represent the left and couldn't care less about anyone who isn't fully supportive of their agendas.
Pete
Even if nothing much happens on the national level, with Gov Cuomo trying to take this into his own hands with the backing of Bloomberg, you are essentially being put into double jeopardy.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
Joe,

My Senators (I say that with tougne in cheek), Chuck Schumer and Kirstem Gillabrand only seem to represent the left and couldn't care less about anyone who isn't fully supportive of their agendas. The only other way to attract their attention is to carry a camera while wearing a PRESS badge.

Pete
Thought maybe if a guy could create enough bad press you might rattle their cages a bit
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Am a life member of the NRA and will be sending support and will be joining GOA this week and will be writing and signing petitions!

We also need to inform the uninformed the FACTS about guns.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

A copy of the text sent to the provided link...

To whom it may concern as my elected representatives:

I strongly urge you to resist any effort to restrict or ban any guns that are presently legal to own by law abiding citizens. I would like to remind you that the Constitution clearly states "That the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

Criminals have not and will not obey gun laws. Gun laws will only restrict and remove guns from law abiding citizens. Current laws need to be enforced and maniacs like like William Spengler should not be set free to roam the streets of America.

Where there is a need for secure areas, those security issues should be addressed. Gun restrictions will not stop deranged evil persons from carrying out their evil deeds. They will not obey the laws and will continue to work death and destruction. They must be restrained, not law abiding citizens.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams