Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

Sent mine!

Got a new Sheriff starting in a couple of days. I'll be having a chat with him shortly.

As with all things political this has to be changed at the local level.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Bronze Member

Just sent mine for what it's worth. Sometimes, I really believe the politicians are more self serving than representative of their constituents. I just hope Rep Boehner will put the brakes on the knee-jerk legislation getting ready to hit DC like a whirlwind. Could you imagine what would happen if Pelosi were still running the House?

Maybe a new poll should be taken to guess just how many new pieces of gun grabbing legislation are going to be unleashed on Jan 3.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
Yes Jeff. Thanks.

I'm in the process of wearin' out my welcome there. Unfortunately, 'my' representatives do not represent me. In the past year I've sent over one hundred emails and written letters to these folks and have received only 3 mechanical 'thank you for your interest' letters. But I'm still tryin' to get through.
Maybe you need to mail a few, write letters to the editor or what have you, hell last time Denny Reberg got back to me quick, but now that the elections are over........
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
Link to petitions please
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...e-awb/sdKKkKJ5

Here is the link to oust the Senator.

Randy
FFFF-----Forever Fight For Freedom

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=royinidaho;739537]Sent mine!

Got a new Sheriff starting in a couple of days. I'll be having a chat with him shortly.

As with all things political this has to be changed at the local level.[/QUOT

Roy, ask him what he thinks when his department will have to be the "local law enforcement agency" who will have to photograph, document and fingerprint all the MILLIONS of guns and owners. I hope that they tell the feds to go and fly a kite.

Randy
FFFF

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member

they had something to that effect on the agenda in the 90s, the Ravalli Co. Sherif at the time adressed Congres and basicaly told em they could stuff it, he had the backing of a lot of other LEO agencies nation wide too, they dropped it.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...e-awb/sdKKkKJ5

Here is the link to oust the Senator.

Randy
FFFF-----Forever Fight For Freedom
thanks

Joe