Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Politics Of Hunting And Guns (NOT General Politics)

Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Silver Member

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2013 explained

Im for the most part i'm only informed of organizations like the NRA to donate to. Could someone post other worth while ones so i can send funds ASAP? thanks
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Im for the most part i'm only informed of organizations like the NRA to donate to. Could someone post other worth while ones so i can send funds ASAP? thanks
Wildchild---2 other worthy organizations are GOA--Gun Owners of America and the 2nd amendment foundation. I belong to all three and encourge others to do so also.

Randy

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than be in any city on earth." ---Steve McQueen
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member

Larry Pratt (Gun Owners of America) in a conversation with Piers Morgan. Larry does a fine job of staying target in spite of Morgans insulting comments.

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Silver Member

Just wrote all of my senators, congressmen, the governor, and the president.

Sent this:

I am with every other member of this nation and believe that the recent mass shootings are utter and terrible tragedies. However, I do not believe that tragedies should be used as a political platform to springboard political policy. Please fight to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. I am an avid hunter and I choose to shoot throughout the year as a form of enjoyable recreation. I am also a firm believer that the 2nd Amendment is about making sure that no tyrannical powers are able to overthrow our government because our citizens are armed. This is a basic freedom put into place by our founding father's, and I am very thankful that they had the foresight to do so. ANY gun ban would be an infringement upon this basic right. Again, please be our voice and protect us from these possible "assault weapon" bans.

Sincerely,

Joe Kupper
Arthur, NE

I think it is important to write Obama. He won't care, but numbers of people writing him that are opposed may change his view a bit...probably not, but worth a try...
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Gold Member

109,334 signatures on a petition to the White House to have Piers Morgan deported. The White House response was he has the right to free speech and freedoom of the press under 1st amendment maybe I'm wrong but he is not an American citizen so how is that an excuse, to just blow off the petition.